Are you a proven production team leader/manager? Do you come from an assembly background on heavy machinery? Are you looking for a new challenge? Would you like to be a part of a company that is experiencing extensive international growth? The business are a global engineering business supplying bespoke engineered products and engineered solutions to some of the largest manufacturing companies and defence contractors worldwide.
With a UK based Head Office, the company has been trading for over 100 years and has over 1000 staff members worldwide working across 20 global sites. The company focuses on heavy industrial machinery which supplies every major sector. The company is going through sustained growth and offers an excellent career opportunity to help drive this organic growth across the world.
My client is seeking a Production Team Leader/Cell Leader to provide support to the Service & Repair (S&R) Manager in the day to day activities of the S&R department. With direct responsibility for 18 experienced fitters on and off-site work needs to be completed in line with EHS and quality requirements, on time and to the agreed costs whilst driving for continuous improvement at all times. In order to fulfil this
* Manage day to day activities of the Aftermarket areas to meet the company's required production targets
* Ensure shop floor fitters are aligned to production targets both internally and off site
* Ensure that all company health, safety, environmental and quality standards and procedures are adhered to and targets achieved
* Drive continuous improvement in the people and processes
* Ensure continuous dialogue with project engineers so customers are up to date on their projects
* Ensure internal stakeholders deliver on schedule [Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality & Test]
* Develop and maintain programme schedules
* Identify opportunities for cost savings or additional scope activities
* To assist the S&R Manager where necessary
* Report on Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and produce clear visuals, working with site management to produce monthly performance reports
* Ensure site visit, RAMS, car hire and hotel bookings are in place before site visits
* Ensure site team mobilise in a timely manner and ensure site work progress as planned
* Mechanical engineering background, ideally in engineered machinery/equipment or other rotating equipment.
* Excellent people skills, ability to deal with a demanding customer whilst further developing the already existing strong relationship.
* Ability to deal with conflicting manufacturing requirements and devise schedules to resolve these.
* Be able to lead and motivate a multi skilled team