A growing and innovative business based in Chesterfield is looking to hire a Payroll Manager to join their Finance team on a permanent, full time basis. This is a standalone role with a variety of duties from the day-to-day payroll processing, as well as strategic planning.
* Managing all payroll processes from start to finish
* Calculating the monthly payroll and producing corresponding reports
* Distributing payslips, which is currently a manual process
* Issuing of P45s, P60s, P11Ds etc.
* Regularly reviewing and implementing process improvements
* Calculating of Rolling Average Salary scale and commissions for sales staff
* Updating payroll information regarding starters, leavers, and ad hoc changes related to salary/job roles
* Liaise with line managers to obtain payroll information within set deadlines
* Manual input of payments onto the banking system
* Conducting regular checks to ensure changes are monitored & controlled, and employees are accurately paid
* Prepare monthly reports regarding payroll costings
* Management of statutory payments, pensions and payroll control accounts
* Provide timely responses to employee and manager payroll queries
* Responsible for compliance and ensuring that regulation changes are implemented
* Completion of year-end processes, updating payroll system for tax year updates
* Excellent end-to-end payroll experience
* Up to date knowledge of current regulations affecting employee benefits, deductions and general payroll processes
* Advanced Excel skills, including pivot tables, VLOOKUP formulas and conditional formatting
* A proactive approach with experience of identifying & implementing process improvements
* A good understanding of P&L and balance sheet would be advantageous
The successful candidate will be a confident but approachable team-player who strives to successfully manage and execute the entire payroll function. You will use your own initiative to identify ways to streamline and improve processes while also working collaboratively with senior management. This is a challenging but rewarding opportunity to take on a high-profile role within a growing business.
In return, the company are offering a competitive salary, 25 days holiday + statutory, attractive pension scheme and free onsite parking.
Due to the volume of CVs we receive, we are unable to reply to all applications