Bookkeeper / Assistant Accountant
Superb opportunity for an accounts professional with knowledge of Sage Line 50 to join us at Halen Môn (the Welsh translation of Anglesey Salt), a growing and ambitious family business located on the beautiful Menai Straits.
In 1997, we left a saucepan of seawater to boil on the Aga in our family kitchen and as the salt crystals started to form, we knew we'd struck culinary gold. We started supplying Halen Môn Sea Salt to Swains, our local butchers, and today, our sea salt is enjoyed around the world by chefs, food lovers and even Barack Obama.
It has been served at the London 2012 Olympics, political summits and royal weddings. Along with over 100 of the UK's best delicatessens, we also supply Marks and Spencer, Waitrose and Harvey Nichols. Our sea salt can be found in more than 22 countries across the globe.
We have a shop and an outdoor café at our site in Anglesey, which was recently visited by Their Royal Highnesses William and Kate, Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, and we also offer tours to show visitors how we make our salt. We were also proud winners of The Queen's Award for Sustainable Development in 2017.
We are a small yet strong team of twenty something people, a Jack Russell called Bella and a chocolate labradoodle called Jolene! We have been a family business since the very beginning, with a longstanding workforce who are proud and dedicated to working with us as we continue on our journey.
The Bookkeeper / Assistant Accountant Role
Reporting to the Finance Director, as the Bookkeeper / Assistant Accountant, you'll be responsible for the running of accounting systems and the provision of accurate financial information to the Directors and other members of the team. Your duties will include, although not be limited to:
* Sending monthly e-statements to customers and following up for monies due
* Carrying out regular bank and occasional cash book reconciliations
* Producing and sending customer invoices from sales orders
* Updating the weekly cashflow summary and producing monthly VAT reports
* Inputting of budgets onto Sage and generating reports as requested
* Using Sage PaperLess software to enter all purchase invoices onto system for approval
* Keeping appropriate personnel records including contracts, sickness, PAYE and holidays
* Sending weekly payroll information to our outsourced Payroll Team
* Carrying out End of Year procedures and liaising with our external Accountant
* Producing information to enable management account production for Directors and Advisors
What will I need in order to be considered for this Bookkeeper / Assistant Accountant role?
* Proven experience within a similar role encompassing bookkeeping / accounting
* Working knowledge of Sage Line 50
* High level of numeracy and literacy
* IT literate, with good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
* Timely and accurate data entry skills
* Superb communication skills, both written and verbal
* Full UK driving licence and access to own transport due to location of office
Although not essential, qualifications or study towards AAT, ACCA, ACA or CIMA, would be highly advantageous, as would experience in management accounting or financial management.
What will I receive in return?
As the Bookkeeper / Assistant Accountant, you'll receive a salary in the region of £24,000 to £28,000, level dependent on experience and qualifications, with the higher end of the salary available to those with management accounting or financial management experience.
You'll also receive a range of benefits including a comfortable working environment overlooking the Menai Straits and a supportive team who will feel more like family than colleagues.
You'll be employed on a permanent contract, working 8:30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Location: Working from Halen Môn in Anglesey (North Wales).
All applications for this Bookkeeper / Assistant Accountant vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions