Due to continued growth we are recruiting for a 12 month fixed term contract for a Mortgage Underwriter Support for a company in Mansfield.
The role in summary;
• Hours of work: 35 hours per week
• Days: Monday - Friday. There is an expectation of working Saturdays (usually 1 in 8) paid at 1.5 x hourly rate
• Contract Type: 12 months fixed term contract
• As an application progresses to offer, you should continually assess the risk to the lender and to the prospective borrower, taking appropriate action in accordance with the company's Lending Policy and MIG Policy.
• To process new applications for mortgage finance. This will include obtaining references, carrying out credit searches, instructing valuation and requesting information which is required up to 'ready for approval'. This will involve interacting with mortgage intermediaries, customers, Solicitors and valuers.
• To act as contingency for capturing new mortgage applications as and when the business requires.
• To package the Offer of Advance ensuring that this is emailed/posted accordingly to all relevant parties (mortgage intermediaries, customers and Solicitors.)
• To deliver outstanding customer service in a professional, accurate and efficient manner, in accordance with the company's Service standards and procedures.
• To liaise with internal staff within/outside of the department, customers and external contacts as and when required, by telephone, e-mail and letter.
• To proactively chase the Pre-Offer pipeline (and Post Offer when required) aiming for cases to be offered/completed within a reasonable timescale.
• To carry out further duties which support the efficient and effective operation of the Mortgage Customer Services Department function.
• To participate in system testing, wider company projects and projects within the Mortgage Customer Services Department.
We are looking for a hands on candidate with the following skills and experience;
• Excellent customer service skills
• Problem analysis and resolution skills
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to prioritise workloads and work under pressure
• Honesty, integrity and commitment
• Salary - Above NLW
• Annual Bonus Scheme (non contractual)
• Holidays - 22 days plus Stats (increases with length of service)
• Birthday Holiday
• Healthshield cash plan cover
• Pension scheme - 5% matched
• Free breakfast available daily
• Free fruit each week
• Plus many other wellbeing benefits