Job Title: Procurement Transformation Manager
Working as part of the Procurement Senior Leadership Team, drive positive change and continuous improvement in to the department. Identify and implement opportunities to remove waste, add value and challenge the norm in areas of process, people and systems with the aim being to transform the department to a value added and commercially astute team.
Manage the change process to ensure projects are delivered on time and to budget, working with multi-functional teams across the business.
Responsible for the communication of project progress to internal stakeholders and end users, ensuring high levels of customer engagement, effective delivery and an ultimately excellent end-customer experience.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
* Provide leadership to your team, maximising performance and nurturing team development
* Lead the team to ensure best practise methods are understood and consistently applied
* Identify and agree resource required with other line managers to avoid conflicting priorities to drive the transformation
* Effectively manage resource to ensure the delivery of projects and development activity.
* Educate members of the Procurement team in best practice Change Management and Transformation processes and tools including A3 methodology that will be used to deliver improvement results.
* Conduct regular employee communications as part of the business communication schedule to ensure all colleagues are informed of business performance.
* Conduct appraisals (annually) and 1-2-1s (monthly) with staff.
Deliver Business Objectives
* Understand Client requirements and Business Operation in order to determine opportunities for improvement and existing non-compliance.
* Complete Procurement performance assessment and create gap analysis of current performance to desired end state.
* Develop Change and CI strategies for the department incorporating Six Sigma, Agile and other practises
* Drive a right first time approach that leads with strategic excellence to deliver operational efficiency.
* Improve the commercial delivery of the Procurement department with bottom line benefits to TVS
* Identify and implement opportunities for cross functional improvements.
* Direct and motivate the project team
* Take responsibility for overall progress of assigned projects
* Measurement, visibility and communication of performance to team, colleagues and management, considering other departments that link in
Process & Performance Improvement
Drive continuous process improvement to ensure efficiency and consistency are maximised, reducing costs/risks to TVS using formal CI tools
Project manage the transformation of procurement through to a strategically driven department
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
* Educated to degree level or similar in Procurement related subject
* Strong commercial acumen and negotiation skills
* Strategic and team leadership skills.
* Experienced in best practise Change Management and CI tools and techniques
* Full Driving License and willingness to travel with work across Chorley and Bristol.
* Be willing to travel and be at a site for the duration of a project
* Strong analytic and problem solving skills
* Challenges the status quo and champions change in an assertive, supportive, positive and empathic manner. Be able to challenge and influence key stakeholders
* Excellent team building and a proactive networking style
* Extensive experience in a Senior Procurement or Supply Chain role, with experience of leading major projects.
* Good working knowledge of IT System and Software Packages including ERP, Word and Excel.
* Track record of building relationships with senior personnel and of understanding and influencing Client / business strategy
* A successful and demonstrable track record of delivering complex or multiple projects, on time and within budget compliance, utilising appropriate techniques and tools to ensure and measure success
* Experience and use of process mapping and project management tools, such as Visio and Project
Where we are:
Our head office is based at a purpose built, state of the art distribution facility on Buckshaw Village in Chorley with excellent transport links to the M61 and M6 plus a mainline train station less than a mile away. The office has on-site parking, shower facilities for those who brave the elements on a bike or on foot and a subsidised canteen.
TVS are a world leading supply chain services provider, implementing innovative supply chain solutions across a broad range of blue chip organisations worldwide. Our clients operate in diverse sectors such as Defence, Utilities, Automotive and Beverage but they all have time-sensitive, business critical missions to deliver and TVS are an essential and integral component in their performance - with our help they achieve their business goals.
Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer