Head of Accounts Payable/ Receivables/Cash Management Based in Cambridge
Due to the creation of this brand new shared service centre in Cambridge, we are currently recruiting for a Head of Accounts Payable/Receivables & Cash Management.
We are seeking someone who has worked in a shared service centre before as this role will involve setting up key processes for each function.
A great opportunity to make the department your own and work closely with the senior leadership team in the creation of the function.
You will have 4 direct reports with a wider team below.Key Duties
- Provide delivery of day-to-day of all the AP, AR, C&B whilst driving a continuous improvement agenda alongside the GPO.
- Manage the day to day operations of the above teams and will include technical review of the work performed by that team.
- Efficiently and effectively lead delivery of the in scope activities to meet the agreed SLA's and KPI's and lead the operational reviews to drive continuous improvements to close any gaps in performance.
- Ensure the moth-end (Quarter/Annual) closing activities in a timely manner and aligned to the R2R requirements.
- Manage short- and long-term operational goals and tactical objectives. Implement processes that are clearly aligned with the business strategy.
- Ensure the preparation of correct documentation for the annual finance audit, as per requirements.
- Ensure the maintenance and capability of the Finance systems, taking a joint leadership role in any future financial system upgrades.
- Jointly support the Head of FSSC(as appropriate) in the compilation of Board and Shareholder reporting, working closely with the European CFO and FP&A teams.
- Ensure the establishment and maintenance of an effective business control framework, commensurate with a business of this scale for area of responsibility.
- Play a lead role in driving the transformation of the FSSC to promote excellence.
- Actively promote the sharing of new ideas and best practice across all areas
- Drive reduction of AR, drive better cash flow management through efficient payment runs scheduling.