Accountant Temporary to Permanent £30,000 - £32,000
Your new company
A Middlesbrough based organisation is looking for an accountant to join the growing finance function. The role will report into the Chief Finance Officer and will be an integral part to company growth and new business wins.
Your new role
An exciting opportunity working within a small finance function, reporting into the CFO on a daily basis.
The main duties:
* Responsible for compiling month-end accruals & posting journals
* Ensure the preparation & distribution of timely and accurate monthly management accounts to an agreed timetable
* Preparation of variance analysis each month end, and update financial forecasts
* Preparation of a Financial Summary on a monthly basis contributing to the overall Financial Reporting pack for the Board
* Ensure robust financial controls are embedded within various departments.
* Assist with internal and external audit, and delivery of action plans
* Facilitate Band advise on financial queries
* Assist CFO with Cash Flow reporting & budgeting
* Review and assist with year-end statutory reporting
* To perform regular audit checks to ensure compliance across all departments.
* Offer expertise & guidance on funding streams
* Support on any agreed ad hoc project work as required, including the production and monitoring of financial policies and procedures
What you'll need to succeed
You will ideally hold an accountancy qualification including ACCA, CIMA, ACA or CIPFA or have previous experience of management accounts, variance analysis and statutory accounts.
What you'll get in return
The opportunity to work for an exciting new venture and apply for a permanent post within the company.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.