We are currently working with one of Oxfordshire's leading independent accounting and business advisers who are looking for an Agricultural Manager. The successful candidate will take responsibility for a large rural and agricultural focused portfolio, providing all round accounting and taxation services, providing tailored advice and planning.
This new role for the firm has arisen through a combination of Partner retirements and positive growth over the last twelve months, together with planned future growth within this sector.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Reviewing accounts and tax returns prepared by other members of the agricultural team and clearing all review points to partner level. This will include farming companies, partnerships and sole traders.
* Developing relationships with these clients through meetings and regular contact to ensure that you become their point of contact on day-to-day matters
* To provide consistently high levels of service to the entire portfolio covering all aspects of accounting and tax in a cost effective and timely manner
* Assisting the agricultural directors with specific advisory reports in relation to Inheritance Tax planning, development land, VAT registration, farm diversification and other matters that may arise which will cover all relevant taxes
* General management of the agricultural portfolio including monthly WIP management and billing, staff feedback following job review and workflow management to ensure all work is completed before the relevant deadlines
* Qualified ACA/ ACCA /CTA manager, with direct agricultural knowledge and a minimum of two years post qualification experience
* Ability to review and complete accounts files & personal tax returns files in a cost effective and timely manner
* Strong computer literacy and ability to use the MS office suite of products
* Strong accounting skills and experience with Sage, Xero, Quickbooks and Key Accounts
* Strong problem resolution skills and the ability to identify possible solutions
* Good marketing, networking and business development skills and desire to grow the portfolio
* Strong organisation skills and the ability to prioritise jobs effectively
* Agricultural audit experience is desirable but not essential
* Self-motivated and career focused with demonstratable skills and a passion for delivering accounting services and taxation advice in this field
* An aptitude to progress within the company & willing to work outside normal hours as required
* A team player but with the ability to work autonomously when necessary
* An interest in people with a desire to assist more junior team members with the support they require