Hardware Engineering Team Lead - Digital, IoT ... Bedfordshire, to £70K + excellent benefits
A fantastic chance for a capable, experienced Hardware Engineer, with Digital Design and IoT product development experience to join a $ multi-billion, global power management company, who employ many 10's of thousands of people worldwide to solve complex power delivery and management problems for the electrical, aerospace, hydraulic and vehicle industries.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Hardware Engineer with strong Digital design, IoT and Team Lead skills to move into a hands-on / leadership mix role. You will be working on hands-on design and development across a variety of products, as well as being responsible for supporting the Engineering Manager in a more leadership capacity.
You will lead a team of currently eight hardware engineers, though this may well grow, and will have hands on active involvement in the delivery of a mix of products ranging from low volume, high value industrial workstations, to smart signal routing equipment for complex, large scale Industrial installations.
As an experienced Hardware Engineer you will be responsible for -
* Providing system engineering leadership and guidance for the project team in the design and development of new products and maintenance of the existing product line
* Capturing, specifying and managing design requirements
* Designing and developing new products
* Supervising and assisting in the development of other engineers
* Leading the performance of peer and formal design reviews
* Participation in the definition of product roadmaps
* Providing technical support to Sales, Marketing, Operations and external customers
You will, ideally, bring the following experience -
* Degree level or equivalent in Electronic Engineering discipline
* Experience in digital electronics engineering (some Analogue would be nice)
* Experience of IoT development such as Bluetooth, Zigbee etc.
* Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to lead others to do the same
What we offer -
• Great promotional opportunities
• Excellent working environment - modern, purpose built R & D and manufacturing facilities
• Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term - not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through our University
So, if you are a capable Digital Hardware Design Engineer, gave food IoT development and team lead experience and would like the opportunity to actively grow your career with a genuine world leader, this is the perfect opportunity for you