Our client is an independent business based south of Lincolnshire, they are now seeking a top GCM to work with the MD.
The successful candidate will be part of a vibrant team
Salary - Commensurate with experience & skills.
Key responsibilities to include:
* Financial, stock and budget management within the shop.
* Analysing both product and employee performance.
* Ordering of products as per seasonal requirements, liaising with suppliers and buyers accordingly.
* Maximising sales opportunities, promoting stock in key areas as and when required.
* Identify and coordinate staff development in conjunction with the Directors.
* Manage the promotion of the Johnsons brand in the locality.
* Conduct regular appraisals of all staff, encouraging performance feedback.
* Run meetings with staff to update and inform key information (promotions, targets, management messages etc.) as necessary.
* Relevant industry experience
* An understanding of budgetary control with a commercial approach.
* A proactive personality in a dynamic and demanding environment.
* Flexible and positive attitude towards work.
* Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
* Be able to work to and achieve tight deadlines.
Please be aware that as part of this role you will be expected to lift and move objects that may be heavy. Relevant manual handling training will be provided to assist with this.
* 28 days' holiday including bank holidays
* Staff discount after 6 months
* Company employee assistance programme
* Staff uniform
* Free parking
* Contributory pension scheme with provision for enhanced matched benefits up to 7%
* Potential for performance based bonus