Job Title: Senior Butcher
Job Type: Permanent
Acorn Recruitment are looking for a Senior Butcher for a long standing, well known butchers based in Barnstaple!
The ideal candidate must be an experienced butcher with retail experience desirable but this is not essential. You will need good knowledge and understanding of the selection, preparation, display packaging and sale of meat or the ability to work with the experienced team to fill in any gaps in knowledge.
- Receive, inspect, record and store meat upon delivery, to ensure meat quality and safety
- Wrap, weigh, label and price cuts of meat
-Prepare and place meat cuts and products in display counter, so they will appear attractive and catch the shopper's eye.
- Ideally, prepare special cuts of meat ordered by customers
- Ensure that all food hygiene and safety standards are met and keep up to date with industry standards
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with your colleagues and maintain them over time, encouraging mutual trust, respect and cooperation.
- Assist and care for co-workers, customers and suppliers.
- A capable team player able to be effective in a retail environment, with a positive attitude.
- Someone with a can-do and enthusiastic mentality when it comes to serving our many customers
- Someone with a high level of enthusiasm for butchery and retail sales
- Well organised, trustworthy, flexible and demonstrate a highly supportive attitude to customers and colleagues
- Someone with the ability to project a smart, efficient image to the public and encourage the same from your colleagues
- Reliable, honest and willing to take responsibility to get things done
- Able to work unsupervised and take the initiative in challenging situations
- Fully aware of health, safety and security issues and capable of taking the lead in making required changes
Apply online today or call the branch on (phone number removed) for more information!
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment