Clinical Trials Psychologist (Cognitive Rater)Base Location:
London W1G 9JF or Guildford, GU2 7YDPlace of work:
Rota covering London and Guildford clinicsSalary:
£26,000- £30,000 pro rata, dependent on experience and rating approvalsHours of Work:
40 hours per week, on a flexible 6-day weekContract Type:
PermanentAbout the Company:
Re: Cognition Health is a leading provider of clinical services specializing in cognitive impairment. We deliver expert clinical care to private patients and are one of the foremost providers of clinical trials in the world and deliver award winning medico-legal services. We value people who are dedicated, hardworking and looking to contribute to the growth of the business at an exciting time.
The successful applicant will have access to all Re: Cognition Health's benefits. On top of this the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in one of our established clinics around the country.The Clinical Trials Psychologist (Cognitive Rater) Role:
We have an opportunity within the organization for confident Clinical Trials Psychologist (Cognitive Rater), to join a talented and growing team. We are looking for an ambitious, organized and hardworking individual, willing to take on a range of responsibilities and grow with the company.
The position can be based in either
our London clinic near Harley Street, or
in our Guildford clinic in Surrey Research Park
, covering both sites.
The postholder will be responsible for administering psychometric and cognitive rating scales to clinical trial participants, to support the delivery of the clinical trial protocols. You will work closely with the Study Coordinator, Principal Investigator and Senior Management teams to maintain and organise the studies too.
You will be expected to:
Clinical Trials Psychologist (Cognitive Rater) Requirements:
- Undertake a broad range of psychological assessments, on both adults and children, including the use of psychometric tools, self-report measures, rating scales, direct and indirect structured observations and semi-structured interviews with study participants and their carer's.
- Assist with the study setup and take responsibility maintenance of Rater equipment i.e. tablets, recording devices, psychometric kits, subject binders etc.
- Update appropriate patient databases
- Maintain adequate records and ensure all relevant information is accurately documented in the study participant's files.
- Perform data entry in accord with sponsor or trial requirements and systems and ensure data queries are resolved promptly
- Ensure a competent knowledge and understanding of all trials by reviewing the protocol, attending Investigator Meetings, SIVs and relevant study training meetings/conferences.
- Check patient files at the end of visits to ensure all procedures/assessments have been completed
- Applicants should have a Master's degree in Psychology or related subject (minimum 2.1) and clinical/research experience in mental health and/or Care of the Elderly.
- Experience of data collection for research.
- Experience with evidence of clinical trial sponsor approval, to administer the following cognitive rating scales:
- Mini-Mental State Exam (MMSE)
- Clinical Dementia Rating scale (CDR)
- Repeatable Battery for the Assessment of Neuropsychological Status (RBANS)
- Neuropsychiatric Inventory (NPI)
- Experience of administering cognitive rating scales with patients with ASD (e.g. CARS) and/or ADHD (e.g. ADHD-RS-5)
- Clinical trials experience in an NHS, academic or commercial setting
- Experience of working in accordance with ICH GCP
- Experience of using electronic data capture systems, e.g. medidata RAVE
If you think that you are suitable for this Clinical Trials Psychologist role, please apply now!
- Continuous professional development
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Scheme
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90731109