Searching for your next adventure? Looking to join a growing company with great prospects? Then come and join our busy Brighton store as our new Store Manager
! This is a new and exciting opportunity to be the store manager of all three of our brands in one soon to be refurbished store. Outdoor and Cycle Concepts is made up of the well-known high street brands Snow + Rock, Cotswold Outdoor and Runners Need, and together we dedicate our time to encouraging everyone to enjoy the outdoors sustainably.
You might think that retail is a tough industry and you?re right! But we?re uniquely positioned, supported by world leading brands, to encourage everybody to get outside. We?ve already supported millions of customers to take advantage of their new love of cycling and running during lockdown and we?re there to support the nation with staycation UK. As you can tell we have big ambitions for the future and our management team play a big role in achieving those ambitions.
We won?t see you as a number, we will see you as part of our outdoor family. We invest in our talent and will help you conquer your goals. So if you?re a dynamic, organised people manager with great communication skills who can take this new and exciting venture of the three brands under one roof forward as the blueprint in your stride...
Be bold. Be brave. Join us!
Store Managers help motivate our team and unite them in their passion for great customer service. Working across the store your main areas of focus will include:Overseeing Daily Store Operations
Providing a Delightful Customer Journey
- Increasing profitability using effective merchandising and utilisation of selling space
- Monitoring sales performance and analysing sales information
- Holding responsibility for all financial, security and administrative procedures (including stock counts, company audits, security of cash and banking procedures)
- Taking accountability for the security of the store premises
People Management and Development
- Making decisions based on customer satisfaction
- Collaborating with the team to display the correct levels of stock in store
- Supporting the customer, listening to their needs and wants to make an informed suggestion on the best product to meet their requirements
- Implementing promotions and campaigns in a timely manner
- Managing the stores recruitment needs with support from our experienced Head Office recruitment team
- Coaching the store team both as a group and individually, making sure people reach their maximum potential and feel supported to reach their professional goals
- Maintaining and updating records of all staff training, arranging refresher training when required
- Assisting with the planning and organisation of staff to ensure appropriate levels of coverage
- Working with our Learning & Development team to provide opportunities for colleagues to enhance their skills
We?re looking for someone who?s willing to embrace our company values and meets the following criteria:
- Strong knowledge of a retail environment
- Good communications and customer service skills
- Experience managing a team
- Passion for the outdoors
- For the right individual we offer a relocation support package
Our people live our values and love the outdoors so we hold weekly running clubs and encourage outdoor meetings as well as partnering with loads of amazing brands such as The National Trust, The Ramblers and many more! Alongside these we offer great benefits including a generous staff discount scheme, up to 33 days annual leave (with the option to buy and sell additional annual leave) and substantial Long Service Awards.
At Outdoor and Cycle Concepts we believe people are happier when they escape outside. Want to join our team and inspire the nation?