Are you a dynamic quality manager looking for a move? Do you have a strong QC background? Would you like to work within one of the UK's most dynamic and innovative flexible packaging suppliers? If you answered yes to any of these please do read on...
Having thrived throughout lockdown the business has decided to bring in a Quality manager to run their BRC programme. The role involves the quality support of projects from artwork through to delivery to client. The candidate will have overall responsibility for the quality systems employed by the company, therefore great knowledge of the BRC accreditation is required.
Key areas within the role are as follows:
* Maintain product, systems & audit requirements for BRC Agents & Brokers certification
* Undertake Internal and External audits of systems, processes, and Food Safety of our
* Have a clear understanding of current Regulations on plastics in contact with Food and apply HACCP, TACCP and VACCP principles to our operations
* Have and maintain a clear understanding of the Food Contact Regulations for Plastics and operate a Lab testing protocol with the factories in order to provide a Declaration of Compliance (legal requirement)
* Create Product Specification Sheets for every product line and subsequent amendments / versions. Distribution to customers as required. Update the Product Master and OrderWise with amends to packed quantities.
* Maintain or develop alternative to the "Product Master" which maintains our Product
* Coding, Product Spec Sheet tracking and core Packaging Waste data.
* Create and maintain Job folders, check that production samples remain in tolerance and without production errors
* Annual Declaration of Packaging Waste, requiring collation of data from the previous year's trading and submitting a declaration of usage via our Compliance Scheme. Identifying any reasons for variation to trend and maintaining an explanatory users guide.
* Investigate, validate, and address all Customer Complaints and undertake Site Visits where required. This also includes inspection of faulty returned stock.
* Create Non-Conformance Documentation and follow-up on all product & systems failures to identify the Root Cause and ensure that the Corrective Action undertaken has been effective. Initiate claim cost recovery from suppliers where required.
* Maintain supplier's database to ensure all certification and testing etc. remains up to date and the relevant documents are held on file
* Manage all customer's technical questionnaires and queries
* Provide Materials, Print and Logistics technical support to customers and our Sales Team
* Undertake various business projects and analyses as required
* Update/create unloading manifest for container and airfreight arrivals
* Undertake container and airfreight inspections
* Understanding of BRC and ISO quality systems
* Proficient with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and databases (using in-house system)
* Highly organised with excellent communication skills
* Ability to prioritise and work both independently and within a team
* Attentive to details and problem-solving approach
* Ability to undertake overseas and domestic travel where required
In return the company are offering a competitive salary with a Christmas bonus, as well as agenerous pension contribution being on offer.
The role would be well suited to someone who is dynamic, personable, and approachable. This is an exciting opportunity to join a family run business who adopt an "open door policy" within the site. My client wishes to appoint before the end of the month and will only receive applicants for the next week. To be considered for this opportunity please apply immediately by contacting Max Morrell at RPS