Job Title: Project Engineering Manager
Location: Derby (work from home initially)
Our client is a leading technology company specialising in providing mission critical signalling control, traffic management and data science led solutions, primarily in the transport industry. They are a dynamic, growing business, using both on-premise and cloud-based solutions via various delivery models. This role sits right at the heart of our engineering activities. You'll bring broad multi-disciplinary engineering knowledge, innovative ideas and solutions, to the way our clients do things, as well as an ability to see and manage the wider picture to improve and develop operations from a technical perspective.
You will lead the design and specification of our hardware and electrical interfaces with the client's existing infrastructure, systems and equipment, including human factors compliance. Utilising excellent communication and collaborative skills, across teams and external partners, you will ensure this is fit for purpose, appropriately rigorous and relevant to operational context.
What are the key objectives?
* Delivering electromechanical design and specification activities to quality, time, and cost, ensuring:
o Quality/appropriateness of designs
o Compliance with/setting strategy re design principles
o Identification and management of risk
* Taking the lead in key factors such as make/buy decisions
* Developing and driving the implementation of industry-wide best practice in the function
* Managing and developing people and capabilities to meet current and future needs
* Being a passionate advocate for change, leading continuous improvement activities and presenting alternatives to the status quo
* Proactively working with other Directorates to ensure interfaces and process are efficient, understood, and meet the needs of the business
Top Internal Relationships
* Reports to Head of Engineering
* Engineering colleagues, Vision, Development and Procurement teams
* Project Realisation team
Person Requirements Profile
* Multi-discipline engineer with a good understanding of IT and modern infrastructure delivery approaches
* Exposes and proactively manages solution risks and change processes
* Resilient and thrives on getting the job done with the team to drive our success
* Hands on approach when appropriate
* A passionate, engaging leader that inspires teams
* An excellent communicator with the ability to influence and deliver change
* Balances strong customer focus with an understanding of scope and contractual obligations
* Strong supportive leadership skills, with multiple modes of managing through probing questioning, coaching and challenging, to support our goals.
* Experience in successfully delivering change through continuous improvement techniques and a strong understanding of industry best practice
Whilst experience in safety-related environments, and an understanding of project delivery and product development methodologies is desirable it is not essential. Training and support will be available for the right candidate.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for over 50 years, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application