SEMH Education Support Worker required for an independent college located in Scunthorpe. The college offers pupils ages 11-16 a holistic education whilst ensuring their specific learning needs are met. The college is dedicated to offering an approach to education that allows consistency, continuity, structure and boundaries.
You will be working with pupils who are often disengaged and display challenging behaviour. The ESW will be supporting the teaching staff to ensure pupils remain engaged and on task. The role is on a permanent basis and required to start immediately.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in an SEMH setting is desirable
- The ability to engage pupils
- Resilience and patience
- Flexibility and use their own initiative
- A genuine passion to help young people
- An enhanced DBS check on the update service or be prepared to apply for one
Interviews are being held via video call immediately and the school are keen to fill this post immediately as the school year is underway.
Leader Education is committed to the welfare and safeguarding of all children and all posts are subject to a thorough vetting procedure