Boost your skills, top up your student loan, and get creative and involved within your local community with various non-residential NCS programmes!
Twin employs around 100 full-time and seasonal staff across the UK who share a commitment to changing lives by providing high quality services to people from the UK and abroad. These services include education, training programmes, work placements, employment and volunteer opportunities, which are all designed to help people achieve their personal and professional goals.
Our mission is to help people realise their full potential through life enhancing experiences.
Twin offers zero-hour contract from September to December for various programmes:
* Autumn half-term which will run for a minimum of 5 days (potentially 9 days) on weekdays with some weekend work required. This programme will take place from 26th to 30th October in Dorset with the possibility of social actions projects running for 4 days over weekends
* Autumn term-time with the delivery window from October to the end of November and can run for 2 to 9 days at a time.
* School Support with the delivery window from September to December. Various dates and programme length ranging from two hours to 10 days which can be spread
Salary: Daily rate at £75 for Autumn Half-Term programme and hourly rate at £10 for Autumn Term-Time and School Support programmes
About the role
Come and work for Twin, a delivery partner of NCS, this autumn and become a role model for a team of 15-17 year olds throughout our youth and community programme.
To represent NCS goals and values effectively and deliver an effective curriculum for our programmes, including community focus activities in a fun, team environment.
For Autumn term-time (12th Oct - 16th Oct) we are ideally looking for TEFL or ESOL trained, a CELTA (Certificate in English Language teaching) would be beneficial as you will be supporting young people who have English as their second language.
You will be expected to act as a role model, encouraging young people to develop inclusive and positive behaviour towards others.
A full COVID-secure assessment will be completed, and suitable H&S measures will be in place to protect staff.
NCS (National Citizen Service) is a government-backed initiative with a mission to equip 15-17 year olds with the confidence, skills and support they need to make a real difference in their communities. The aim is to encourage young people from different backgrounds to mix through a local, community-based programme.
Team Leaders lead groups of young people through the NCS programme, encouraging them to bond as a team and fully engage with the curriculum, their teams throughout the programme, and will be supported by the Wave Leader to deliver engaging activity plans to, facilitate discussions and plans to guide and mentor young people.
* Manage teams of up to 13 young people
* Effectively manage and resolve unacceptable behaviour and conduct
* Ensure all safeguarding principles are adhered to
An ideal Team Leader candidate would have:
* Ability to see the big picture
* Flexible, enthusiastic and proactive approach to the job
* Confidence in delivering activities, workshops and reflection to Young People
* Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
* Good decision-making ability
* Good time-management and organisation skills
* Committed to continuous personal and organisational development
* Creative and energetic
* Ability to work within a team and on your own initiative.
* Ideally TEFL (teach English as a foreign language) or ESOL (English to Speakers of Other Languages) trained
This non-residential face to face role is perfect for a highly motivated and enthusiastic self-starter, looking to gain invaluable youth work and leadership experience.
Twin Training International is committed to safeguarding. For all applicants called to be assessed/interviewed:
All Successfull candidates must be eligable to work in the UK.
* References will be followed up with specific questions as to applicant's suitability to work with persons under 18
* All gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily
* Proof of identity and qualifications will be required
* Successful candidates will be required to undertake a DBS check
* Successful candidates will be required to complete online and 2 days face to face training prior to commencing employment
* Successful candidates will be expected to actively engage in the safeguarding of under 18s
To complete an application form and submit your updated CV, please contact Mariola Rzeszowska specifying which role you wish to apply for. You will receive an email requesting some more information. We have 3 autumn roles available: Team Leader, Assistant Team Leader and Wave Leader
You also have to register your interest on the NCS website: , specify 'I want to work for a specific providers' select Twin Training International Ltd- SW (Dorset) Note: You have to be 18 years old after 1st August 2020 before you can apply to work on the NCS programme