Senior / Structural Engineer : Barrow in Furness, Cumbria
MacArthur Recruitment is seeking a Senior Structural Engineer for a growing Barrow-based Consulting Engineering business. There is flexibility in the entry requirements for this position; but ideally would be a senior role, chartered status, working with a graduate engineer(s). It is a varied role, working on large and small projects as well as on existing structures. They have a good pipeline of orders and are a busy practice.
The position is with an established but growing company that can offer further training and development - they are fun, open and supportive. Sectors vary from domestic, commercial, industrial and healthcare, amongst others.
Overview of the role of Senior Structural Engineer :
* Production of schematic / concept designs and structural design calculations
* Working with other construction professionals in the development of designs
* Undertaking and developing structural designs using design/analysis software (Tekla Structural Designer & Tedds)
* Developing relationships with clients and other professionals
* Working with and being responsible for at least one graduate engineer.
Your experience for the role of Senior Structural Engineer:
* Degree in Structural Engineering or Civil Engineering
* Good commercial experience within a civil/structural design role
* IT literate with experience of structural design software packages.
* Strong AutoCAD skills - Revit experience would be a bonus
* Valid driving licence
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Ideally professionally qualified or working towards (e.g. C.Eng / I.Eng, MIStructE/MICE or equivalent).
Additional aspects of the role of Senior Structural Engineer:
* Responsible for the analysis and design of building structures, progressing to overall design of structures
* Managing projects
* Ability to produce drawings using AutoCAD software
* Checking drawings and calculations produced by others
* Visiting sites and attending site meetings
* Helping run internal planning and design meetings
* Attend external design meetings with clients
* Prepare correspondence and reports.
Why work for our client as a Senior Structural Engineer
* Privately owned company with a flat, open company structure
* Fun, open environment
* Career progress, flexible package with further training if required
* Interesting and varied projects
* Flexible working hours / days. Full-time is 37.5 hrs/wk - overtime available
* Competitive salary of £33,000 - £40,000
* Regular salary reviews and progression opportunities, potential partner status in time
* Based in Barrow in Furness, parking available.
For more information, or to apply for the position of Senior Structural Engineer, please contact Ewen on ewen at macarthurrecruitment co uk , ideally with a copy of your CV, or call.
At MacArthur Recruitment we are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our customers. We collect your information for the purposes of providing job-finding services only, and do not sell, rent or trade lists with other companies for marketing purposes.
We don't collect cookies on our website, or use analytical tools to monitor visitor behaviour. We believe that if you want to get in touch with us, you will.
Any information you provide to us on your CV or via a job board is kept securely on our database and is shared with any potential employer only after you have given permission for us to do so.