Fabrication Section Manager, Workington
Competitive Salary + benefits
Due to our client's continued success and sustainable growth, MacArthur Recruitment is looking for a Fabrication Section Manager for their engineering client in Workington.
The Fabrication Section Manager will be responsible for all operations within the Fabrication/Welding Department and will lead the team leaders and craft resources throughout the manufacturing process.
Summary of the role of Fabrication Section Manager:
• Ensure a high standard of housekeeping is maintained and health & safety procedures are adhered to
• Allocate work and make sure all delivery dates are met
• Manage team leaders and employees and monitor performance
• Track training and targets/objectives
• Liaise with Welding Engineers, Industrial Engineers and the Projects Team throughout the manufacturing process
• Provide evaluation reports and progress to Head of Manufacturing and the Senior Management Team as requested
• Set priorities for costs, personnel, material & equipment
• Provide technical assistance in tendering for jobs as and when required
• Assist Head of Manufacturing with employee relations, improvement strategies, company processes and procedures.
Experience for the role of Fabrication Section Manager:
• Management experience in metal work, fabrication and welding
• Experience with general machinery used for fabrication
• Management experience in a production environment
• A strong approach to quality and health and safety
• Ability to read workshop and design drawings
• Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
• Strong communication and leadership skills
• Time served fabricator/welder with a minimum of HNC in Engineering
• Experience in the nuclear sector (preferred not essential)
Why work for our client as a Fabrication Section Manager?
• This is an established company with a good pipeline of varied orders; they re-invest in their people
• Interesting range of projects
• Competitive salary + benefits
• 35 days holiday/yr (incl BH)
• Pension 6% ER and EE
For more information, or to apply for the position of Fabrication Section Manager, please contact Steph, ideally with a copy of your CV.
At MacArthur Recruitment we are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our customers. We collect your information for the purposes of providing job-finding services only, and do not sell, rent or trade lists with other companies for marketing purposes.
We don't collect cookies on our website, or use analytical tools to monitor visitor behaviour. We believe that if you want to get in touch with us, you will.
Any information you provide to us on your CV or via a job board is kept securely on our database and is shared with any potential employer only after you have given permission for us to do so.