We are looking for a Management Accountant with proven experience within the manufacturing / engineering sector. The ideal Management Accountant will have at least 3 - 5 years PQE experience and be able to work within pressurised environments, to strict financial reporting deadlines.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is happy to take ownership of the Management Accounting function within the finance team, report directly into the FC and reporting to the Board of Directors, as required. You will also be involved in managing financial transactions and variances arising from various areas of the business, working collaboratively with other departments to improve overall financial performance.
* To provide reporting and analysis of product margins, gross profit and the financial impact of projects
* The management of all financial transactions and variances arising from procurement, manufacturing, inventory and sales activities.
* Report back on monthly product margins and gross profit performance with incisive analysis
* Investigation of root-causes for underperformance
* Provide analysis for make/buy decisions
* Take ownership of the management of stock, making provisions for slow moving / obsolete stock and have a proven understanding of WIP valuation methods
* Manage costs in P&L down to gross margin lines.
* Deal with vendor returns processes (refunds, partial refunds, credit notes)
* Labour cost, sales, pricing & margin analysis
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Experience of actual and standard costing systems would be expected
* Ability to understand and propose automated reporting, related to stock, margins and variances and be able to project manage these, reporting outputs with the finance and ERP teams
* Experience of different inventory and WIP valuation methods is essential
* A thorough, scrutinising approach to the role is essential as this person will be taking ownership of a variety of management accounting and associated finance duties
* The ability to remain calm and work well under pressure, to very tight month end deadlines is essential
* A friendly, professional telephone manner and excellent written communication skills are also essential
* An eye for detail, analytical mindset and the ability to work with a variety of different processes is necessary.
For more information about this role, or to apply, please get in touch with Joy Bruce at Collaborate Recruitment. We look forward to hearing from you