As the Cabling Engineer, you will be working as part of a cabling gang and will report into the Supervisor/FLM. You will be working on the National Telecoms Infrastructure upgrade & maintenance project.
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Test Roding and Roping of UG Ducts
* The identification of traffic management requirements
* The identification of tree cutting requirements if works are OH
* The production of SLD's on successful completion of tasks
* Reading an understanding Microsoft Word/Excel/PDF based Job Packs
* Reading and understanding BT Duct diagrams
* Working in confined spaces
* Working outdoors in all weathers.
* Travel to and from various exchange locations on completion of works
* Work to PON completion deadlines to ensure operational requirements are met
* Attend accredited training courses if required
* Adhere to all KN Circet Health and Safety policies at all times
Knowledge; Experience and Skills:
* Previous Telecom experience & good understanding of the copper network
* First Aid
* Manual Handling
* Hold a valid NRSWA Street works Operative Licence Unit 2
* Hold Openreach overhead, jointing and cable accreditation modules (Desirable)
* Basic CRB Check less than 3 months old (Desirable)
* Full Driving Licence
* NOPS Registration
* IPAF Certificate Cherry Picker (Desirable)
* Openreach Desirable Accreditations
Health & Safety Compliance:
Monitor site practices and routines to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and regulations, including the company H & S Policy, to minimise the likelihood of accidents and the resulting fines and compensation claims.
Ensure training needs are identified and, in conjunction with HSEQ Department, arrange for personnel to attend such courses as are necessary. Failure to embrace a safe and secure environment can result in disciplinary proceedings.
About KN Circet
KN Circet are an international group of companies employing over 3,500 employees and has been in operation since 1975. We are providers in the Telecommunications, Civil Engineering, Rail, Electricity, Energy and Power Service sectors across Ireland, the UK and Internationally.
Whilst achieving rapid growth in recent years, we maintain an embedded tradition to satisfy our clients' needs while delivering the highest standard of safety, quality and customer service. At KN Circet our staff are offered a working environment that encourages their input and has common values and goals. Our culture is characterised by transparency, inclusiveness and trust.
We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
KN Circet values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities