Temporary role to provide the Business with value added analytical support to deliver the Group finance transformation initiatives. To support and update finance processes, ensuring a rigorous control environment, to provide a standard month-end reporting output.
* Support the Business Finance and Management Team with analysis of information to facilitate business decisions through Group Transformation initiative. This will include operational and financial information.
* Perform testing and training of solutions implemented. Go-Live and post go-live support.
* Using expert level Excel database analysis skills, interrogate data from multiple sources to enable visibility of profitability at product, customer, market and capability level across the Operational Business Units.
The key finance initiatives below have been identified to collectively deliver the financial close and group reporting process. Implementing these initiatives in the timelines will enable Ultra to embed a new monthly reporting solution across the business units and enable the exec team to interrogate business performance across multiple dimensions.
* Chart of Accounts - Business Unit reporting based on Group CoA by YE 2020.
* Cost Allocations Process - Aligned across the business in 2020.
* Financial Consolidation and Close (FCC) Solution - delivered by Q1 2021.
* Project Finance reporting solution - Phase I delivered Q1 2021
KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION:
* Educated to degree level.
* Qualified accountant.
* Advanced excel capability to include analytical tools to extract data from non-Microsoft sources.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
* Business analytics, Microsoft Excel, database management. The candidate should be comfortable interrogating and correlating information from a wide range of sources including databases, text files and spreadsheets. They should be able to understand data held in XML and SQL information-structures and be able to generate queries and searches across these using appropriate technologies and interfaces.
* Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills with ability to influence across functions and levels and work in a collaborative style.
* Tenacious - able to get the job done whilst working multiple activities in parallel.
* Demonstrable analytical skills, able to use the output to guide the Business.
* Strong knowledge of auditing techniques and financial control principles.
* Highly organised, able to get into the detail whilst being capable of making judgements when faced with alternatives and conflicts.
* Commercially astute and have the mental agility to grasp complex situations quickly.
* You must have the drive and passion to invest yourself fully in the business to deliver to the required outputs, be a self-starter and able to work off your own initiative.
* Agility and flexibility to be able to manage changing priorities.
* Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organise priorities and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can't; can simplify complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources.
* Enjoys working hard; action orientated and full of energy for things you see as challenging