The Fibre Splicing Engineer will report to the Supervisor/FLM and is responsible for terminating and testing overhead and underground fibre networks. As the Fibre Splicing Engineer you will be responsible for building PONs on the Openreach FTTP rollout
The following reflect the main tasks associated with this position and are not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive:
* Prep and splice fibre optic cables as laid out in the splicing matrix
* Have experience with various splice closures
* Operate an optical power meter & OTDR for Testing/Fault finding
* Be able to read and understand test results for troubleshooting
* Be willing to work outside normal hours if required
* Ensure the highest standard is maintained across the Openreach network
* Installation of optical fibre cable, bundles and blown fibre tubing using fiber blowing equipment to required standards, including fault finding on existing network.
* Live network Fusion splicing using Fujikura 70s or similar.
* Splicing and testing of external optical fibres to the end customer premise in line with quality standards using OTDR /ILM/PMD/CD/EXFO FTB200 or similar.
* Working as an individual and as a part of team to achieve targets and KPI's.
* Adherence with Health and Safety legislation
Knowledge; Experience and Skills:
* A good understanding and practical experience in Fibre splicing and network build
* Knowledge of telecommunication infrastructure and FTTP PON Build, OFN (one fibre network )
* Previous Openreach Network Experience would be an advantage.
* The ability and desire to work as part of a team but be focused on individual goals
* A responsibility to ensure all Health & Safety procedures are adhered to
* Excellent communication skills
* Good IT skills.
* A Full/clean driving license is essential.
* CSCS/CSR qualification would be an advantage but will not exclude the ideal candidate.
* NOPS (Network Operative Passport Scheme ) card will be desirable.
* Openreach accreditations such as N23, M23 will be desirable
Health & Safety Compliance:
Monitor site practices and routines to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and regulations, including the company H & S Policy, to minimize the likelihood of accidents and the resulting fines and compensation claims. Ensure training needs are identified and, in conjunction with HSEQ Department, arrange for personnel to attend such courses as are necessary. Failure to embrace a safe and secure environment can result in disciplinary proceedings.
About KN Circet
KN Circet are an international group of companies employing over 3,500 employees and has been in operation since 1975. We are providers in the Telecommunications, Civil Engineering, Rail, Electricity, Energy and Power Service sectors across Ireland, the UK and Internationally.
Whilst achieving rapid growth in recent years, we maintain an embedded tradition to satisfy our clients' needs while delivering the highest standard of safety, quality and customer service. At KN Circet our staff are offered a working environment that encourages their input and has common values and goals. Our culture is characterised by transparency, inclusiveness and trust.
We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
KN Circet values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities