We are looking for a Senior Manager- Operational Taxes to join our Tax team, which provides expert tax services to companies within the Group and to Aviva Investors.
The tax team covers a wide scope including Operational and Transaction Taxes, Insurance Premium Taxes, Corporation Tax, Life Tax, VAT and Employment Taxes.
This role will primarily be focussed on providing operational tax advice and support relating to investment assets held worldwide but may include work involving other taxes as experience permits, in order to ensure the most efficient use of resource across the wider team.Duties & Responsibilities:
Skills & Experience required:
- Liaising with Aviva colleagues and within custodian banks to ensure appropriate prioritisation.
- Ensuring accurate and appropriate operational tax documentation is in place across the business.
- Assessment of custodian bank performance on operational tax deliverables.
- Ongoing consideration of improvements and development of process automation.
What will you get for this role?
- Either an accountant, qualified tax professional or otherwise comparably qualified by experience (gained either in industry or in practice).
- Strong operational tax knowledge and experience, with an ability to readily evaluate and effectively communicate the impact of new developments.
- Strong capabilities in Excel are essential, as is good experience of building and editing documents.
- A great team mate with an open, collaborative and proactive approach, willing to test new ideas and embrace change, looking for opportunities to identify and address key issues and simplify existing processes.
Working at Aviva
- Salary of £60,000 to £65,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications.
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family! (Some exclusions apply).
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring leading risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always 'Care More'. It's our thing. We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job
. Just send us an email
once you've applied stating that you have a disclosed disability
and we'll make sure we interview you!
We'd love it if you could submit your application online
. If you require an alternative method
of applying, please give Alice Neal a call on 0121 200 5926 or send an email to email@example.com.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010
*. By 'minimum criteria'
we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.