Together we are driving Mobility forward. We electrify, automate and digitalize. Join us and help us make real what matters.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Apprentice Delivery and Assessment Manager
to join our Siemens Mobility Education and Skills Training function. Reporting to the Head of Competence Assessment and Verification and working closely with the Education and Skills Leadership Team, you will be responsible for development,
preparation, implementation and follow-up for all technical, safety and operational assessment activities.
As Apprentice Delivery and Assessment Manager, you will lead and coordinate with the Competence and Verification Manager and ELT (Entry Level Talent) team on apprentice scheme and assessments. You will consolidate the approach to competence across the range of Siemens Mobility Business Units (Rail Infrastructure, Rolling Stock and ITS-Intelligent Traffic Systems) and support in the verification and standardisation of assessments.
In this role, you will build and maintain a skilled and agile team to cope with the varied demands of a broad customer base, you will have line management responsibility for up to 10 colleagues therefore people management experience is desirable but not essential as we can provide training and support.What are your responsibilities
What do you need to qualify for this jobEssential:
- Development of assessments on business request or to expand current assessment portfolio
- Agree assessment content with the Competence and Verification Manager to ensure the continued compliance with required legislation and safety requirements
- Carry out both safety critical and technical assessments as required and where applicable
- Ensure assessors are developed to the required standard of training, qualifications and experience and carry out verification on Trainers and Assessors across SMO E&S
- Maintain personal competence to ensure the delivery of Assessment is at the best practice standard and utilising current training techniques
- Be responsible for developing and carrying out required safety critical, technical and operations assessments where applicable
- Actively take part in all standardisation activities and take the lead in these activities in the absence of the Competence and Verification Manager
- Lead and coordinate with both the Competence and Verification Manager and ELT team on the ongoing apprentice NVQ assessments
- Be the main point of contact for the Entry Level Talent team for all apprentices under SMO E&S
- Promote best practice and lead by example on knowledge and understanding of Standards and Ofsted requirements
- Manage a caseload of no more than 15 apprentices with the responsibility to ensure timely completion of the qualification
- Develop strong customer and understanding customer needs by anticipating emerging requirements
- Develop a high-performance culture with strong employee engagement using the Siemens People Management policies and tools
- Technical knowledge of engineering maintenance procedures/practices
- Experience of managing and engaging technical teams to deliver results within a time-critical operation
- Engineering ONC or equivalent qualification or experience
- Good knowledge of IT systems/software
- Trainer and assessor qualifications (NVQ Level 4 and A1)
- Good understanding of health and safety legislation and can demonstrate implementation of health and
safety procedures in safety critical environments
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Strong organisation/planning skills
- Good understanding of diversity and its impact on training and assessment
- Understanding and experience using Onefile
- Good knowledge and understanding of awarding body and Ofsted requirements
- Understanding of safety critical assessments
- Working towards or have an internal verification qualification
- Experience of managing change and employee relations
We're Siemens. A collection of over 385,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual's helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We're excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA , the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.Organization:
Siemens Mobility LimitedExperience Level:
not definedJob Type: