Job Title: Fund Operations Manager
Reporting to: Director of Business Operations
Our company is growing and now requires an experienced financial services manager to manage operations. The fast paced environment of Fund Management requires an experienced manager to drive forward change, process improvements and lead your teams from the front. You will have unrivalled integrity and an aptitude to really make a difference. The Company
Yealand Administration was formed in 2008, and provides bespoke quality Fund Administration services to its clients. At the heart of Yealand's philosophy is service excellence and client focus. Administration support services is provided to only a limited number of Fund Managers in order to ensure that services can always be delivered in accordance with that philosophy.The Department
The Fund Operation Teams are responsible for the production of Fund Prices, the Report and Accounts and associated processes, together with communication to all of the external parties in accordance with the Regulations.Purpose of role
To plan, direct and coordinate the Fund Accounting and Fund Administration departments. This will include making improvements to productivity and efficiency of those departments.Main Duties and Responsibilities
Technical Skills and Qualifications Required
- Coordination and Supervisions - To coordinate, manage and monitor the workings of the relevant departments.
- Best Practices - Improve processes and policies in support of corporate goals. Formulate and implement departmental policies and procedures to enhance productivity and efficiency. Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures. Ensure that departments are meeting their goals and objectives.
- Human Resources - Plan the use of human resources. Effectively delegate tasks and accountabilities. Monitor and evaluate performance. Determine staffing needs, including budgets, headcount management and ensuring resources are available to accomplish the team's outputs.
- Staff Development: Working with senior members to ensure challenging and rewarding environment. Motivate and lead the teams ensuring that direct reports receive objectives and the annual appraisal by given dates.
- Production - Ensure all work is done accurately, in a timely fashion and in a compliant manner. Provide technical support where necessary.
- Communications - Ensure all internal/external client relationships are maximised.
- Stakeholder Management - Attend client/external stakeholder meetings and events where necessary.
- Strategic Input - Key participation with the Senior Management Team. Supporting and deputising for fellow Management and Directors where necessary.
- Contribute to strategic planning within the departments and execute any strategic plans in a timely, professional and compliant manner.
- Projects - Delivery of projects where allocated as owner, i.e. technology and operational process.
- Departmental Improvements - Implement process improvements that can add significant value to the outputs and reporting produced.
- Ensure that each department contributes fully to the achievement of the corporate goals and objectives in line with the business plan.
- Provide Management Information reporting and duties.
- Knowledge and experience of relevant departmental areas.
- Good knowledge of investment products and stakeholder relationships.
- Knowledge of human resource principles and practices.
- Information technology skills knowledge of DST, FIS or other investment accounting platforms.
- Strong interpersonal and staff management skills.
- Ability to assess situations and to make correct decisions under pressure.
- IOC Qualified - or equivalent FCA recognised qualification in order to supervise staff.
- CFA, AAT, ACCA, CIMA or ACA qualifications would be an advantage.
- Proven management experience.
- Client focussed and driven to deliver the right service for the client.
- Embraces change.
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated be able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Ability to deliver consistent excellent service.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage tight internal and client deadlines.
- Excellent decision making, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to delegate tasks and accountability of delivery of tasks.
- Committed team player - delivering quality at all times.
- Organised and methodical.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and ability to liaise with senior management and directors, all stakeholders i.e. clients, internal/external relationships.
Please note that you will be expected to undergo a credit search as part of our on-boarding process.
Yealand are committed to providing equal opportunities and welcome applications from all backgrounds.