Marine Client Executive - Marsh - Norwich
The company: Marsh
- Marsh is the world's leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services.
The role: Marine Client Executive
- Based out of the Norwich office, the Client Executive is responsible for the profitable handling and growth of existing marine cargo insurance accounts. Working closely with Servicing Teams, Placement Specialists and Insurers to effectively manage a portfolio of marine clients and ensure best practice is achieved.
What can you expect?
- You can expect to work remotely and from the office and will join an experienced team of 8 Marine Cargo specialists.
What you will be rewarded with?
- We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits.
- We also support programmes including: health & welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, career mobility, employee network groups and volunteer opportunities.
We will rely on you to:
- Servicing a worldwide portfolio of clients produced on a wholesale as well a retail basis
- Service both renewals and new business from the Principal's initial enquiry through to the handing over of the placing slip to the Documentation / Policy Department for processing and invoicing
- Provide full reviews of the risks proposed, preparation of underwriting presentations, production of draft insurance contracts set out in a slip format and include detailed premium and claim analysis
- Placement of business with insurers in a number of ways,
- Traditional broking into Lloyd's of London and other London based insurers
- Electronic trading
- Trading direct with underwriters based overseas
- Assist with the growth of the London and Norwich Cargo book of business
What you need to have:
- Proven insurance handling/broking experience is essential
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Negotiating and Influencing skills
- Proficient with software packages such as Word and Excel.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines is essential
- ACII part/fully qualified (or equivalent) preferred
What makes you stand out:
- Experience within Marine/Cargo Insurance
- Strong numerical skills
- Strong Excel skills
Marsh is the world's leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a business of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annualized revenue approaching $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses, including Mercer, Guy Carpenterand Oliver Wymann, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its affiliates aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender expression or identity, marital and civil partnership status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs.