Rate: £270, Inscope of IR35
Term: 6-month contract initially
"Our client is a well-established Nationwide Rail company whose professionalism and well-respected name have been instrumental in their success. They provide an exceptional service to their customers and are focused on continually improving this."
They are looking for an experienced Assembly Technician to join their busy team in Weston-Super-Mare.
* Must be able to demonstrate 'time-served' technician and be able to carry out assembly and test work with minimum supervision
* Have a background in precision engineering making safety critical / high reliability electro-mechanical equipment
* Production - Mechanical and Electro-Mechanical Assembly & Test or Railway points actuation Systems experience
* Have experience in Assembly of POE (Points Machines and Backdrives), and spares, in accordance with Assembly Instruction Sheet Requirements
* Compile product traceability documentation (Assembly Test Sheets and Build Sheets)
* Day to day monitoring of stock levels, working in conjunction with Operations Engineer to ensure levels are in line with Production Schedule, and any urgent operational railway requirements
* Packaging and preparation of all equipment for despatch
* Receipt of delivered goods, processing delivery paperwork, inspecting goods, and placement of goods into appropriate stores location
* Inspection of all equipment during assembly and test phases; ability to make decisions on major and minor quality issues (and raise Non-Conformance Report where required)
* Comply with health & safety and environmental policies
If you are available for an immediate starting contract and have the relevant experience in the Rail industry, then please get in touch today!
By emailing your CV to Amy Naden at Vital: a m y . n a d e n
The partnering concept promoted by Vital means that we work together with candidates and clients to achieve your career and recruitment objectives. For clients the result is cost effective, culture-compatible solutions that make staff selection, recruitment and retention far easier.
For candidates it means a personal and professional relationship that will help you through every stage of obtaining your ideal job and pursuing your career goals