Manpower are currently recruiting a Controls Systems Senior Development Engineer for a market leading renewable energy company in Blyth. the company is the UK's leading technology innovation and research centre for offshore wind, wave and tidal energy.
Take an active lead in producing and delivering a development and implementation plan which addresses the future business obsolesce issues and necessary upgrading of the OREC PLC/SCADA control systems within the facilities.
Collaborating with ICT colleagues you will deliver a coordinated interface system that can be both monitored and managed, locally and remotely across site, linking all test & validation facilities.
Build and maintain close working relationships with engineering and test teams to produce control systems and displays that are intuitive to work, informative and provide ease of operation. Tailor systems to support both internal and external customer requirements as required. Integration with DAQ systems to ensure consistent data integrity, maintain test parameters and set alarms.
Provide training, and ongoing support and documentation to allow key personnel to operate the installed systems with confidence.
Build strong working relationships with the Test & Validation team, mitigating risks in all actions and operations related to equipment and facilities.
The successful candidate will not only utilise their own experience but will draw upon external consultants to provide a feasibility study of proposals, in order to validate the best approach.
In addition to leading the development plan, the successful post holder will remain a key member of the Testing & Validation Operational Control System Team. This crucial work of this team ensures the quality development and delivery of both commercial and research projects. in addition, it ensures that programmes and tests are underpinned by robust, sustainable engineering processes, procedures and capabilities.
what you will need,
- Educated to at least degree level in a relevant discipline
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent
- Experience of working with PLC/SCADA control systems
- Sound knowledge of electrical/mechanical generating plant and apparatus
- Motivated and strong team player - working individually, and across project teams
- Knowledge of and the application of good practice engineering design procedures and tools
- Advanced knowledge of Functional Safety Systems and Risk Management frameworks, IEC 61508, 61511, 62061, etc.
- Familiarity with advanced specialist engineering software in an inter-disciplinary project setting
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good understanding of H&S legislation
- Experience of working in ISO45001, ISO 14001, ISO 9001, ISO 17025 environments
£55,000 plus excellent benefits package
Interested?? please call Paul Britton on 07515 325444 for more information or alternatively send an up to date CV
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90713137