We're currently recruiting a Systems Administrator to join a growing company who work with some big brands within their industry. They're leaders in their field and have big plans for their IT infrastructure going forwards so it's an exciting time to join!
Day to day you'll get involved with networking, virtualisation, desktop and the Microsoft stack of technologies. You'll be focused on supporting the existing infrastructure to a 2nd Line level, with the aim of identifying and implementing improvements and reducing repeat support calls.
Key responsibilities as a Systems Administrator:
- Provide exceptional 2nd Line technical support to end users, proactively identifying and resolving their issues quickly and effectively
- Ongoing maintenance and upkeep of internal systems including Active Directory, networks, VMWare and Office 365
- Helping with daily backups, systems monitoring, capacity planning, monthly patching, firmware management and updates
Skills and experience we're looking for:
- At least 2 years' experience at a 2nd Line level role (or equivalent) - ideally someone who has been working in IT for around 8-10 years and can show progression on their CV
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory/DNS/DHCP/GPO services
- Some experience with VMWare Virtualisation Administration
- Use of Microsoft Desktop Platforms
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and an ability to talk to technical and non-technical audiences
- Someone who is able to work autonomously and as part of a team
You will be working a shift pattern, although due to current requirements it's likely you'll generally be working the 9am to 5pm shift, although this is subject to change to accommodate holiday etc. There is also a requirement for some on call work which is paid at a flat fee.
Please note: When travel restrictions are lifted and it's safe to do so, there may be some occasional international travel.
The company offer a competitive salary and an amazing benefits package including a bonus scheme, health insurance, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and a generous pension scheme.
**Please note that due to the volume of applications we're receiving, if you haven't heard from our team within 3 working days of applying, on this occasion we won't be won't be progressing you for this role.**
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90643391