Stowford Nursing Home, Abingdon, OX13 6LN
- Competitive salary
- Excellent Employee Benefits package
- Employee Assistance Programme
Right now we have a vacancy at Stowford House for a registered nurse
Stowford House Care Home is a beautiful purpose-built nursing home overlooking the Oxfordshire greenbelt, situated in the village of Shippon near the historical market town of Abingdon. Offering 51 spacious en-suite rooms with personal showers, a wide range of facilities and 24-hour expert care. Set in an ideal location with glorious landscaped gardens, Stowford House Care Home is one of only two care homes in the U.K who have proudly invested in innovative technology called Earlysense.
This market leading, contact free healthcare monitoring system provides continuous monitoring of movement and vital signs by simply positioning an advanced sensory pad under the mattress of a resident.
This innovative system not only enables our nurses to monitor and collect data and receive instant alerts but has improved response times of the Stowford care team which ultimately leads to improved care for our residents.Day to day duties of this role:
- Assessment of residents' needs, production and implementation of Care plans and accurate documentation on residents' records.
- The organisation of the Home and attitude of the staff should reflect the need for residents to achieve and maintain maximum independence.
- The post holder will be expected to maintain a quiet and calm atmosphere by encouragement and example whilst caring for the residents.
- Helping unqualified staff with in-service training and to keep abreast of current post-registration training.
- £1000 refer a nurse scheme; £250 refer a friend for any other role
- Free onsite parking
- Friendly team and very supportive Manager
- Full training and Induction programme for all staff.
- Working with Buddy and Mentor experience
- Fully funded apprenticeship programme available with opportunity to develop your career
- Great opportunities for promotion.
The Future Care Group is currently operating 19 nursing homes, we provide the highest quality of care for over 1,000 residents. We are unyielding in our pursuit of excellence; this comes down to our culture, the engagement and training of our team members and our current and future leadership. We are committed to continual improvement, which sees us constantly looking for ways to progress and enhance our services.
We aim to make a difference to the lives of anyone we engage with residents and staff as our moto is 'Your Future Matters'. We work hard to ensure that every resident receives personalised care to meet their individual needs and this is combined with a focus on promoting self-esteem and ensuring that residents have a choice.
- Relevant qualification - Registered General Nurse Qualification with active NMC pin number
- Experience in the same or similar role
- Good communication skills
- Leadership skills
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90727534