Electrical Shift Maintenance Engineer
Grapefruit Recruitment is looking for an Electrical Shift Maintenance Engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for electrical equipment and will provide full engineering support to the Production Team under the leadership of the Engineering Team Leaders and the Chief Engineer.
- Responsibility for planned and preventative maintenance and development of PPM's where possible.
- Resolve machine breakdowns to ensure maximum line efficiency of the production process.
- To assist in maintaining the engineering stores by identifying parts and raising parts requisition forms for repairs and stock replenishment.
- Ensuring stores booking in and out procedures are being adhered to.
- Responsibility for ensuring current practices meet Health and Safety and Food Safety standards, and where possible that they exceed requirements.
The role is within an extremely fast paced environment. Applicants must have the ability to manage a busy and demanding workload, have strong organisational skills and be able to prioritise, be attentive to detail and be able to remain calm under pressure. They must have a formal engineering qualification to at least City and Guilds level, ONC/HNC level or equivalent or extensive experience working as an engineer in a manufacturing environment.
The ability to use electrical test equipment, read schematic diagrams with experience in single and 3 phase installations including motors, inverters and PLC's (desirable but not essential).
Shift Maintenance Engineers work an eight day shift pattern where four consecutive shifts of 12 hours per day are worked, followed by four consecutive days off, rotating on a fortnightly basis between dayshift and backshift. Dayshift is 6.00am to 6.00pm and nightshift is 6.00pm to 6.00am.
The hourly rate of pay is £16.40 for the first three months, £16.90 for the next three months, and after six months it is £17.40 (£38,106pa). The tiered pay is to allow you time to demonstrate your trade skills in the first three months and then your understanding and knowledge of change overs in the following three months.
If you would like to apply for this position please send your CV to Karen at Grapefruit Recruitment, or call us in strict confidence for further information.
Grapefruit Recruitment Limited is acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90707871