This is a newly created role for a Co-Manufacturing Assistant Buyer to join the Global Procurement team of an international FMCG company.Reporting into the International Co-Manufacturing Category Manager, your key responsibilities will be;
To be successful in this role you will need;
- To ensure that key systems such as Garuda, MDG and SAP are up to date, with key supplier and product and material information and maintained accurately.
- You will work closely with key stakeholders across the business as part of cross functional teams delivering new product development opportunities.
- Tracking and analysing previous projects to understand and recommend where process improvements can be made.
- Deliver fast efficient responses to pricing requests, purchase order and invoice queries, supplier evaluations and general day to day activities within the buying function.
- Working directly with Co-Packers to manage existing product ranges and develop new introductions for the market.
- Alongside the International Co-manufacturing Category Manager the successful individual will also develop strategies for external business challenges such as sustainability, Brexit and supplier performance.
- Previous experience in a similar FMCG procurement or supply chain role.
- Proven experience of working in a fast paced environment, being highly organised, adaptable and flexible, managing multiple priorities, projects and complex requests at once in a time pressured environment.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence and communicate new ideas or propose alternative solutions in a clear, articulate and concise manner.
- Excellent data analytical skills and experience - being able to extract, manipulate, analyse and interpret data, with concise verbal or written reporting that can influence decision making.
- Highly numerate with a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office including advanced Excel skills and experience of SAP.
- Excellent problem solving skills with lots of initiative and common sense.
This role is initially being offered as fixed term, up to two years, offering a salary of up to £25k per year depending on experience plus benefits including healthcare, pension, and performance related bonus.
Please note this role will be working from home for the forseable future.Interviews to take place ASAP so apply today for immediate consideration for this amazing career opportunity.