TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGER - ESN MigrationFixed Term Contract for 2 YearsBased at Service Headquarters, Clyst St George, Exeter37 HPW - Salary Grade 8 (£39,782 - £42,683)Closing date: 28 September 2020 at 1000
Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service are seeking to appoint a Technical Project Manager to coordinate the migration of our Mission critical radio systems from Airwave to ESN.
Airwave is a national TETRA based radio system used by all emergency Services. It is being replaced by ESN, which is a ground breaking national 4g/LTE system.
Reporting the ICT Service Delivery Manager, the post-holder will coordinate internal resources (ICT, fleet, Estates, Ops, etc.) and liaise with other emergency Service Partners and the regional and national project teams.The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent working knowledge of managing complex ICT projects
- Excellent working knowledge of project management methodologies
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- High level organisational skills with the ability to deal with competing priorities
- Experience in managing budgets
- Proven ability to motivate others particularly in complex partnerships where there may be varying levels of motivation and support
- Excellent level of verbal communication/presentations skills; including proven ability to influence/change stakeholders views
The Selection Process will take place on 07 and 08 October 2020 and will consist of a presentation and an interview.How to apply for the Technical Project Manager job
If you have the skills and experience required for this Technical Project Manager job, just click "apply". You will be directed to the company website for the links to the Job Description, Person Specification and how to complete your application for this position.Applicants are reminded to address the 6 highlighted criteria of the Person Specification when completing the Application form, as this will provide the basis for shortlisting.
We are also committed to equality of opportunity and diversity in employment. We welcome applications from all sectors of the community, and we aim to recruit a diverse workforce that reflects the people we serve.
You must be eligible to work in the UK
Suitable skills and experience include: Technical Project Manager, IT, ICT, Project Manager, IT Support, 1st Line Support, 1st Line, 2nd Line, 2nd Line Support, Technical Support
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90681833