We have been at the heart of the UK energy market for 25 years and are today playing a critical role in decarbonising the UK energy system. As a major energy services and smart metering company with technology, data and sustainability at the core of our ethos and business model, SMS is committed to delivering the future of smart energy. We are proud of being both an equal opportunity employer and an accredited real living wage employer! We look out for our customers and our focus is 'putting our people first'.
Our people enable us to do all of this by living our 5 core values: Safety, Customer excellence, Sustainability, Innovation and Pride The Role
The purpose of the role is to provide renewable and multi-utility project engineering services to SMS clients undertaking developments requiring utility infrastructure connections, upgrades, diversions and disconnections networks in the UK ranging from: -
• Feasibility Services • Design and Procurement • Project Management • Site Surveys
You will assist in project managing the delivery and development of key customer accounts relating to the Utility Services department, including turnkey multi and single-utility projects to single and multi-site domestic, commercial and industrial redevelopments projects.
The Assistant Project Engineer will represent the company in project meetings, providing technical advice and project updates to clients at their premises and on site. The position will include ensuring Company conformance to quality assurance procedures, CDM and compliance with the Company Quality, Environmental and Health & Safety Standards. You will also undertake a supporting role for the Projects Engineers in meeting financial objectives to ensure the growth and profitability of the department is achieved.
Typical duties include:
• Communicate with other departments, sub-contractors, clients, DNO's and service providers to obtain or relay technical and commercial aspects of engineering projects. • Provide regulatory, commercial, technical support and guidance for the delivery department. • Track progress of projects through proactive update of database and associated management systems. • Prepare dimensional drawings, installation drawings and more complex drawings as required. Work with the CAD Technician to ensure all drawings issued to customers meet and exceed their requirements. • Liaise with the Metering, Business Development, Marketing and Utility Services senior teams in identifying and pursuing business development opportunities. • Assist in preparing fee proposals to clients wishing to procure services of SMS. Skills
Experience and Education?
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD/Revit/2D Design
- Able to organise and prioritise to meet deadlines
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Able to interpret technical documents, specifications and drawings
- Higher BTEC in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent)
- GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths, Physics and English
The following are criteria are desirable however not essential for this role:
- ?Basic knowledge of New Roads and Street Works Act, Traffic Management Act and associated Codes of Practice
- Experience in Project Engineering of utility infrastructure projects
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation, Regulations and Approved Codes of Practice
- Experience of professional report writing and attending client progress meetings
- 25 personal days per year, with an additional allocation of 8 public holidays
- After 5 years of service you will be rewarded with an additional 5 days annual leave taking it to 30 personal days and 8 public holidays.
- Refer a friend bonus (£500)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Corporate season ticket travel
- Automatic enrolment into the Company Stakeholder Pension Scheme (will commence following 3 months employment)
- Eligibility to join the Share Incentive Plan following 6 months employment
- We also have you covered with Life Insurance where your next of kin will receive 4 times your annual salary
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90714660