Fixed-term 1 year contract with the opportunity to extend funding permitting**
A lovely school in North Essex with an Ofsted rated Good with Outstanding Early Years provision, has recently become an English Hub. English Hub schools promote a love of reading and support schools across the country to provide excellent phonics and early language teaching.
Literacy specialists within each hub will provide tailored support to schools. This will include:
* running events to showcase excellent practice in teaching reading
* working with local schools to develop their practice
Main duties to include:
* Management of the English Hub office on a day to day basis
* Being the first point of contact for all enquiries, requests, and messages. Involved in engaging schools to the Hub programme via telephone and email enquiries
* Maintaining accurate and effective records for all aspects of the Hub
* Working closely with Hub Lead and Hub strategic lead with regards to financial income and outgoings.
* Administrative and secretarial support for the English Hub lead including but not limited to:
- Diary management
- Drafting and sending letters
- Setting up meetings
- Full liaison and organising with Headteachers, schools, Department of Education
- Prepare monthly reporting procedures
- Coordinate information as required for DFE
- Data collection and inputting
- Database administration
- Generating agenda's and circulating minutes
- Minute taking at Hub Strategic Board meetings
- Smooth running of office
- Social media marketing
- Prioritising and keeping on top of vital tasks and administration
Experience working in a school or the education sector would be advantageous but not essential.
Experience of invoices/finances would be useful but not essential
More importantly, a calm efficient and highly organised approach to your work, coupled with patience to get through a busy daily workload.
The ability to make processes easier and work closely with Hub lead to make her day to day life as smooth as possible.
Excellent command of English language and grammar and no less than Grade A-C in GCSE Maths and English.
* 37 hours per week (Term Time)
* 43.9 weeks per year plus non-pupil days to be worked
* The working pattern would be 8.00 a.m. - 4.00 p.m. Monday to Thursday (3 minutes for lunch) and 8.00 a.m. to 3.30 p.m. on Fridays. (30 mins for lunch)
* There is a 2.75% pay award pending on this role