MMP are recruiting for an electrically biased Band 8a Estates Engineering Manager on behalf of one of our NHS clients based in East Sussex. This is an interim opportunity lasting 3 months, subject to extension to a 1 month rolling contract thereafter with the eventual possibility of becoming permanent.
The rate of pay is £35.00/hr inside of IR35 through an umbrella company. A PAYE rate conversation can be made upon request. On-call work will be required 1 in 6 weeks, which will be paid at +4.5% salary.
* Responsibility for ensuring the operational management of building and engineering services for the organisation and for management of the organisation's estates, including staff management.
* Responsible for ensuring that engineering maintenance, including contract work, is carried out to estate standards and specifications across the whole range of Estates services, to provide best value.
* Provide expert specialist and professional building and engineering expertise to other estates staff, senior management of the organisation and external organisations supported by Estates providing specialist advice on a whole range of estates and technical issues.
* Undertake Authorised Person responsibilities as the Senior Authorised Person in relation to Low Voltage Systems and Authorised Person responsibilities in other areas of engineering systems in line with HTM as required.
The successful candidates must:
- Be degree educated or a have a minimum of HNC in Electrical Engineering
- Be an Authorised Person - Low Voltage
- Have a full clean driving licence.
- Extensive experience in people leadership and management
Understanding and or application of NHSP and detailed knowledge, skills and experience of engineering and building services, including legislation and codes of practice are highly desirable.
For more information about this position, please do not hesitate to get in touch. We are not always able to provide individual feedback on applications, therefore if you have not heard feedback within 10 days it is unlikely you have been successful