SEN Specialist Teaching Assistant - All SEN
Job Type: Full-time
Pay scale: Negotiable
Commencing: September 2020
Are you a SEN Teaching Assistant with experience working with SEN children in an educational setting?
GSL Education is currently recruiting for SEN Teaching Assistant with strong SEN knowledge and experience to work at a lovely, supportive school in Leicester. The school has pupils attending with learning difficulties and additional complexities such as autism, speech and language disorders, challenging behaviour or medical needs. The school is looking for a specialist teaching assistant with extensive experience supporting children or young people with ASD, SEMH, ADHD and Complex needs.
The ideal candidate should be confident in working with SEN children and be passionate to bring positive change in the lives of children.
Your daily responsibilities will include:
· Acting as a positive role model and managing behaviour
· Ensuring a safe learning environment and approaching education with a child-centered approach.
· Support pupils to make good academic progress, under the direction of the teacher
· Under the direction of a teacher implement group or 1:1 intervention to support pupils who have emotional or social barriers to learning
· Establish constructive relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and setting high expectations
· Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
· Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under the guidance of the teacher
· Understand Individual Education Plans & Behaviour Support Plans and assist to implement these, under the guidance of the teacher
· Supporting the class teacher with planning, monitoring and delivering creative lessons
The ideal candidate will have:
· A hard-working, energetic and flexible nature
· Clear communication skills
· A calm, understanding and consistent approach to working with children
· Knowledge of Autism, SEMH, ADHD and Challenging Behaviour.
· Ideally, Team Teach trained.
GSL Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
GSL Education is also committed to following a policy of equal opportunities. We respect and value cultural and religious diversity and will not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, religion, race, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, culture, or disability.
If you are interested, please send your updated CV to Judith Barker as soon as possible