At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Job description:Job Title:
Technical Security SpecialistBase Location:
Homer Road, SolihullSalary:
Competitive basic salary plus benefits
Serco is committed to protecting all our services from threats, whether internal or external, deliberate or accidental, that might have an adverse impact on individuals, our activities and our reputation. However, providing the right balance of security controls to protect an information system is a complex task: overly stringent controls will hamper the ability to conduct business, but conversely, if the controls are too weak, information (and organisational reputation) is put at risk, with potentially serious financial and legal consequences.
The key purpose of this role is to provide the technical leadership and subject matter expertise to guide the design, implementation and ongoing operation of the systems and services used by Serco to provide security-enforcing functions. This role spans 'Security Architectural Design' and 'Security Operational' activities, and will provide technical leadership of functions within the Security Tower and support wider design and bidding activities across Serco.
The role will be required to manage relationships with and influence senior stakeholders (both internal and external) and may lead small teams of consultants and act as a mentor for more junior members of the team.About the role
- Technical security leadership within the Serco Security Tower, including the Security Operations Centre.
- Provision of technical security input into multidisciplinary teams, including security requirements definition, architectural design work, advice and guidance on security issues, technical risk assessment, guidance on residual risk and mitigation strategies, technical configuration of components and platforms, application of security design patterns, and so on.
- Security review and analysis of proposed changes to operational services, and guidance on likely impact, mitigations, alternative strategies, etc.
- Engagement with external audit and assurance providers, including IT Security Health Check suppliers, scoping test plans and helping stakeholders interpret the results of the tests and audits, as well as supporting the implementation of any remedial actions, where required.
- Development of a technical security strategy / roadmap for the Security Tower, working with technical and business stakeholders to ensure adoption and consistent application.
- Mentoring and training / awareness for other members of the Security Tower.
The candidate should have a broad Information Security knowledge, with a deep and current technical understanding of security relating to applications, infrastructure and cloud services. Excellent communications skills (written and oral) are essential, as is detailed knowledge and practical experience of security-enforcing technologies (firewalls, SIEM tools, Identity and Access Management, etc.).
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) qualifications would be advantageous; however, proven practical experience working with technical and architectural security are more important than specific qualifications.
Please note this role will require Security Clearance
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. For help with your application please contact 0345 010 4000.*Google Chrome is the preferred browser to access Serco careers website*
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90725319