Hemmersbach provides IT services globally. With over 4,000 permanent colleagues in more than 40 subsidiaries worldwide, we enable Device as a Service for the IT industry in 190+ countries. DaaS combines hardware, software, lifecycle services and financing into a single contract with a fee per device.
MS SQL Azure Specialist
Location: Sheffield / Barnsley
As part of one of our strategic partnerships, we now require the expert support of an experienced MS SQL / Azure Specialist, to help support one of the world's largest financial institutions
Joining a technical onsite team, you will provide the spearhead of support on a global software and support service that the institution has begun to implement. Your role is not simply a tactical support role, being a high-level point of escalation when issues arise, but you will lead the design and implementation of new SQL Server platforms, as well as play a key role in the technical infrastructure roadmaps moving forward, ensuring all the latest best practice principles are applied and meet compliance.
Being a financial institution the architecture is one of high-availability & high-resilience. Your knowledge will encapsulate such a high-demand environment, working within a variety of platforms such as virtualisation (HyperV / VMWare) but also cloud-based solutions such as Azure and AWS.What we look for:
- Previous experience in the delivery of MS SQL Server support to major clients.
- Strong technical skills with all major aspects of SLQ Server, such as ETL, SSIS, SSRS and SSAS.
- A solid understanding of SQL Server topography and best-practice implementations - especially within high-demand, high-availability platform
- Comfortable in making the right decisions under your own autonomy.
- Thrives in an agile and rapid-paced environment.
- Committed to supportive team management, open, inclusive and enthusiastic in approach.
- The role may be subject to enhanced references and vetting
- A driving force within an exponentially growing international company
- Variety: exciting projects and challenges within your own responsibility
- Team Spirit: strong team spirit and a great working atmosphere in a friendly team
- Openness: Direct and informal communication even at management level
- Career Opportunities: Great possibilities for professional, personal and language training
- Initial Help: buddy programme to help you get started, a welcome pack included
Would you like to join our team? Please send your CV, together with your availability to interview and salary expectations.
- Able to forge strong working relationships with major global organisations and household "names"
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90724527