Bring your Java expertise to us and in return we'll give you an amazing career with growth and learning opportunities. Come and work for one of the best kept secrets in I.T.
Sopra Steria, European leader in digital transformation, provides one of the most comprehensive portfolios of end-to-end service offerings in the market: Consulting, Systems Integration, Software Development and Business Process Services. Sopra Steria is a trusted by leading private and public organisations to deliver successful transformation programmes that address their most complex and critical business challenges.
The day job
Currently looking for a Java Developers for a unique opportunity to work in collaboration with the existing team; responsible for the development of new services, refactoring of existing services and the migration of solutions. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an exciting programme of work; focussing on a major transformation and modernisation project.
This role will involve a number of key responsibilities including:
- Accountable for developing and implementing new and revised services and migration code
- Identify and raise technical risks
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes
- Working cooperatively with the scrum team to achieve high quality results
- Depending on level of seniority we would expect you to have experience of most or all of the following:
- Experienced within some of the primary technologies used: Java 8, Spring-Boot, Apache Camel, Docker or CNCF container tools, Microservices, Enterprise integration Patterns, CI/CD tooling, DevOps
- Working with Git based distributed version control systems (DVCS).
- Thorough understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (e.g. Requirements, Design, Development, Testing) and exposure to Agile or iterative SDLCs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrable growth mind-set, enthusiastic about learning new technologies quickly and applying the gained knowledge to address business problems.
- Capable of collaborating with stakeholders and project leaders to understand requirements, deliverables, and set expectations on tasks that you will be responsible for
- Very motivated to build excellent code and progress towards design
Some of the following would be beneficial for this role:
Reasons why you should apply to us
- Red Hat Decision Manager/Process Automation Manager
- We're big - really big. With that comes career growth opportunities - we offer excellent training, you'll join a company where development and progression is actively encouraged and not just something we talk about
- We have an enviable client list - we work with some of the biggest names out there
- We ensure our working environment is supportive and collaborative, everyone has a voice and all opinions count
- Our goal is to disrupt the market, not just follow the status quo
- Sustainability is really important to us, in fact we are within the top 1% of companies worldwide tackling climate change and managing our emissions
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90723034