Summary of role:
Raytheon Airborne ISR comprises an enthusiastic and motivated team of engineers who develop design solutions, primarily for defence customers.
This role is responsible for creating bespoke and practical mechanical design solutions to integrate ISR equipment onto airframes.
The position is based at Broughton near Chester and will report to the Head of Mechanical Engineering within Raytheon Airborne ISR.Main Duties:
- As a work stream lead, motivate a team of engineers and suppliers to effectively produce concept and detailed design solutions to customer requirements.
- Understand and manage tasking to support schedule creations and metrics reporting.
- Liaise with customers to understand their requirements and suppliers to understand their capabilities and translate this into effective solutions.
- Support other functions within the company to create proposals that successfully win new business.
- Be a respected leader, executing on promises and supporting colleagues to achieve their potential.
Eligible for or Holder of current SC security clearance (RSL will sponsor as required).Desirable:
- Degree or equivalent experience in mechanical/aerospace engineering.
- Robust understanding of mechanical engineering and design.
- Comfortable interpreting and reviewing engineering drawings.
- Motivated to work and drive others to achieve successful solutions.
- Enthusiasm for the aerospace defence solutions field.
For further details on Raytheon AISR visit our website.About Raytheon UK
- Chartered engineer status.
- Experience in an aircraft design role.
- Familiar with requirements management and risk management.
- Familiar with creating Basis of Estimates.
- Experience of 6 sigma.
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space businessAbout Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses - Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.Standard Benefits:
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays.
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution).
- 6 times salary 'Life Assurance'.
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme's.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme.
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday/9 day fortnight (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
- Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA) and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant 'Gold Award' Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers. Raytheon Application Process
To apply visit the link to the website and search for Req ID: 160685BR. Please complete the on-line instructions to create a profile and upload CV.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90698630