Lots of work around process improvement, potentially automating the way they do some of their accounts and looking at how they work with the business and stakeholders.
There are also several entities they need support on for year end (~30) so there will be high volume of work. CORE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Using systems to prepare accounts
- Expected to then self-review to ensure the accounts are complete and accurate, cross reference checks
- Work with business to pull together various reports for stat account balances - pre-audit to ensure the information is supported before it goes to auditors (Audit background would be beneficial)
- Having daily or weekly calls with external au to ensure the auditors have all the information they need.
- Working in a team of around 10 people in the business, will be more junior people involved so may be an opportunity to get someone to work for them or support other people
- Mainly preparing accounts independently.
- Chartered accountant with significant statutory accounts experience (they will be working across difficult/complicated accounts (need to understand the stats and communicate them back)
- Process improvement experience
- Advanced excel skills.
- Analysis and decision making
- Stakeholder management particularly someone who have managed auditors. (They will be required to produce stats but need to work closely with the business to get the information that goes with it)