My client is a leading international mortgage lender. This role is based in their head office in Hillingdon, Northwest London.Description
The Regulatory Reporting Manager will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that the company meets its regulatory obligations
- Responsible for the integrity and accuracy of regulatory reporting to the FCA and any other regulatory bodies.
- Responsible for managing the finance departments' risk management reporting and controls
- Responsible for the preparation of statutory accounts, including technical items and supporting papers, and ensuring that timelines are met to submit to regulators.
- Responsible for preparing and managing external advisors for tax computations and planning and meeting its tax obligations
- Support financial control team for month end accounting and any other required task
- Technical contact for accounting queries across the UK business and producing technical accounting papers.
- Testing and evaluation of critical accounting estimates e.g. IFRS9 impairment provisions, effective interest rate, hedge accounting, and fair value assessments of loan portfolios
The successful Regulatory Reporting Manager will have:
- An accountancy qualification (ACCA/ACA/CIMA)
- At least 3 years post qualified experience preparing accounts under IFRS
- Significant IFRS knowledge, particularly IFRS9
- Experience investigating and responding to technical queries
- Exposure to and practical knowledge of taxation matters, both direct and indirect
- Experience working within a commercial environment, ideally in Financial Services
This is a permanent role based in Northwest London.