We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Payroll Officer to join an independent business where you will be in a standalone role looking after the payroll for circa 500 staff across multiple sites. Working alongside HR and Finance you will have full autonomy when it comes to all aspects of payroll and will also be able to fully utilise the payroll system (MHR iTrent) to produce beneficial reporting.
Key responsibilities include:
* Processing all weekly payroll amendments including starters, leavers, changes to terms & conditions of employment, attachment of earnings.
* Collecting and inputting weekly payroll data
* Processing SMP, SSP and salary sacrifice schemes
* Dealing with all day to day enquiries from employees, management and external contacts
* Full responsibility for being the payroll systems expert (MHR iTrent) including full responsibility for liaising with 3rd party provider regarding upgrades, developments and implementation
* Responsibility for updating the pension providers portal
* Implementing and updating payroll procedures.
The successful applicant will have extensive knowledge of payroll systems (ideally MHR iTrent), taxation, national insurance and pensions administration as well as advanced Word and Excel. You will also be a confident professional individual who works well with the wider team and able to come up with new ideas to add value to the payroll process.
This is a full-time position, Monday to Friday and as well as offering a good salary commensurate with experience, the company also offer a number of additional benefits