My client is current looking for IT manager on a permanent basis.
This is an exciting new opportunity to be part of our award-winning Technology Team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for investigating a wide range of technical issues as well as supporting our Technology and Operations Teams with the delivery of our business transformation programme.
Overview of Job Responsibilities
Your main areas of responsibility will include:
* Manage the IT budget and drive performance improvements
* Coordinate IT support, training, and orientation for new technology users
* Full responsibility for ISO27001
* Manage information security and maintains network and user security through hardware or software installation or through education
* Project manage delivery of all IT projects
* Track inventory and status for hardware and software throughout the organisation
* Establish and maintain relationships with technology vendors
* Maintain, test and drive continuous improvement of emergency plans for equipment, power, or security failure to preserve technology and data
* Research regarding new IT equipment and solutions
* Attendance at trade exhibitions and workshops to keep abreast of new developments
* Troubleshooting and resolving technical issues promptly, keeping customers and colleagues informed at each stage
* Ensuring all incidents reach satisfactory resolution - with support from our 3rd Party IT Support Partner
* Management of all aspects of our 3rd Party IT Support partner
* Prioritisation of tasks to ensure that service level agreement targets are met
* Monitoring network availability and up-time, and co-ordinating action where required
* Ensuring all service requests are completed professionally and efficiently
* Proactively resolve potential technical issues and mitigate operational / security risks
* Maintain/create training resources as well as deliver training to customers and teams
A high level of technical skills is essential for this role, with a good understanding of Networking, Microsoft products and virtualisation.
Some of the technologies you would be expected to deal with include:
Windows Server, SQL Server, VMware, Microsoft Exchange, Office 365 and RDS.
A good base of networking knowledge, ideally CISCO, and VOIP systems, would be advantageous though not essential.
A high level of technical skills is essential for this role, with a fundamental understanding of networking, server configuration, active directory, exchange management, Microsoft products and virtualisation.
* Excellent communication skills
* Excellent documentation skills
* Customer focused
* Able to work well as part of a team and individually
* Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies
* Highly motivated - sets and achieves challenging goals
* Quality management - ability to look for ways to improve and promote quality
This role is full time and permanent £28,000 - £29,000
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90720124