Healthcare Assistant Team Manager
Own Vehicle Required
Full-time - 40 hours per week (Monday-Sunday)
Head Office is in Birmingham City Centre, but you will be driving to Clinics across the Midlands, including Stoke, Shrewsbury, Telford, Nottingham.
HealthHarmonie Ltd is a fast paced, growing organisation that operates from the vibrant city centre of Birmingham. Established in 2003, the company has grown with the ever-changing healthcare industry and developed its presence across all the UK. We work in partnership with several NHS Clinical Commissioning Groups nationwide to provide patients with access to community services closer to their home.
By joining the HealthHarmonie family you will be a part of the fundamental infrastructure needed to deliver excellent patient care across the UK. Whether this be joining us in a clinical role or an administration role your presence in HealthHarmonie is vital. All of our roles require you to have an innovative thought process, a willingness to learn new skills and the want to be in charge of your own career by taking ownership of the role you are completing.
Role & Responsibilities
Due to business growth, we are looking for flexible, enthusiastic candidates who have a passion for providing excellent patient care within the community setting. If successful, you would work alongside a team of qualified multi-disciplinary clinical professionals, including consultants, doctors, nurses, optometrists and sonographers. Part of your responsibility will be to provide a range of administrative services to facilitate the provision of community clinics.
You will also be responsible for managing our Healthcare Assistants based nationwide, which will include:
· Direct line management of HCA staff, completing HR requirements in line with business needs.
· Oversight of all clinical equipment to ensure it is compliant and in line with HealthHarmonie policies nad service needs.
· Work in conjunction with Head of Operations and other Team Managers to ensure stock control levels are at appropriate level to ensure smooth and effective running of clinics.
· Working alongside Head of Operations and other Team Managers to undertake quality spot checks of direct reports, to identify adherence levels to business protocols and assess training/coaching needs of
· Working alongside Head of Operations and other Team Managers to ensure completion of coaching and training sessions with staff to ensure cross skilling between disciplines and raising quality levels of staff.
· Covering clinics where necessary
· Completion of performance management processes to include one to ones, appraisals, feedbacks etc.
· Liaise with wider team regarding new host sites and creation of crib sheet information to aid HCA understanding of new location information.
· Review of mileage and overtime spend to ensure in line with business spend needs.
· Coordinating changes to rota due to resource level issues/sickness etc
Patient safety and satisfaction is at the core of everything we do, therefore our ideal candidate should embrace our core values by being compassionate, motivated, attentive and displaying a high degree of integrity and sense of excellence. The mobile nature of the role will also entail that you should have a driving license and your own car, as well as stay flexible regarding working arrangements.
While previous experience in administration would be preferable, we would welcome your application and invest on your training if you can show a great passion for providing high-quality care and take pride in your work.
· 0.45p per mile
· Ongoing Support and Training
· Excellent Career Progressions - with many members of our Management team having been promoted from within the company
· Paid Overtime
· Pension Scheme
· NHS Employee Discounts
· 30-Minute Paid Lunch Break
· Annual Salary Review
· 20 days Annual Leave (Bank Holidays in Addition)
· Flexible working
· Uniform Supplied
· Overnight accommodation available and £25 allowance per night - For distance locations
The successful Team Manager will have the potential to make a real impact in our business, help our patients and embark on a fantastic career. However, before you can start this new, exciting adventure within the company we will need to ensure that you are legally eligible to work with us. This means that your role will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and the provision of your right to work documentation at interview stage.
Your training will involve a corporate induction on your first day and then shadowing an experienced team member, which will provide you with the skills and knowledge to be successful in the role. This training is a vital part to the start of your career with us and you will need to commit to full attendance during this time.
HealthHarmonie prides itself for being an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from qualified candidates from a wide array of backgrounds because we know that it's the differences in our people that make our company a better and more welcoming place to work.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90716320