We have a great opportunity for an Finance Services Supervisor to join us managing a highly effective finance transaction team, responsible for all aspects of traditional Accounts Payable and Receivable, together with cash management in a high transaction volume finance business with a large and diverse customer and supplier structure.
TM Group have a vision to streamline the property transaction through innovation and experience for the benefit of all. We've set ourselves the challenge of making life easier for everybody in the property chain. We do this by employing talented and innovative people and most importantly by listening to our customers.
Based in our Swindon office with some travel required to other business locations, you will be working on a full time, permanent basis and in return, with a competitive salary plus excellent company benefits. We are a supportive, innovative, customer focused business and you will be joining a positive, passionate, collaborative, and ambitious team. We care about our people so you will receive the support, coaching, development, and leadership you need. You will be working on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary plus excellent company benefits.
What's in it for you?
As our Finance Services Supervisor you will have the below duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of accounts receivable, including new customer set up, Direct Debit collection, customer account management, statement issuance, and working with business account managers to ensure timely collection of all arrears
- Responsible for all aspects of accounts payable, including new supplier set up, BACS payment and cheque runs, and reconciliation of all control accounts
- Managing and processing credit card spend and staff expenses, ensuring that spend is monitored against company policy and that process and policy is communicated effectively
- Oversee the monthly financial close processes associated with the Accounts Recievable and Accounts Payable ledger, including reconciliation of all related key account balances and management of accruals and prepayments
- Manage a control environment which ensures that all financial transactions are processed accurately and to work within agreed and defined timelines
- Proactively review processes and be constantly looking for ways to improve efficiency and process, including through system change
- Be the point of contact for external auditors in relation to financial services as part of the annual audit
- Work with the Group Accountant and the Systems & Compliance Manager on projects which actively promote the advancement and efficiency of Finance
- Provide clear and positive management of direct line team, maintaining a shared team culture and high performance environment, coaching and directing team members as required
- Undertake regular 121's and team meetings, set performance objectives and regularly reviewing progress against them
- Participate in activity which pro-actively promotes Finance within the company, ensuring an integrated and aligned function to the business
What we're looking for in our Finance Services Supervisor:
- Experienced in managing a month end close process to TB level
- Experienced supervisor, positive, can do attitude and motivator of people
- Experience in leading a team in all aspects of transactions management, including credit control, and with experience of Direct Debit and BACS processes
- Part-Qualified accountant, with qualification to at least AAT level
- Experienced in the use of Finance Systems (Microsoft AX an advantage)
- Able to optimise own and team performance, assessing and managing priorities and able to adapt to changing circumstance
- Inquisitive and able to investigate/analyse output to ensure it makes sense
- Approachable and supportive, but also able to hold team members to account on performance
- Willingness to get involved in the detail of daily workload when the situation requires it
- Strong Excel skills, able to manipulate data using data functions and pivot tables
- Experience of leading or supporting process improvement within Finance
If you would like to join our team as our new Finance Services Supervisor, then please click 'apply' today