Job Title: Solution ArchitectLocation: Potters Bar, Isle of Man, BristolJob Type: Permanent
Who we are
Canada Life looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers.
What we are buildingWe now need a Solution Architect to support the transformation and the future growth of the business within the IT function, so it can simplify our IT architecture by removing our legacy systems and investing in modernised, lower-cost technology systems, and deliver a digital platform that provides a single view of our customers.
Job summaryThe Solution Architect (SA) will be responsible for leading and delivering the definition and description of IT solutions and ensuring validation of these solution architectures.Taking an overall view of all aspects of the solution works with a wide range of colleagues and stakeholders, creating a solution that addresses requirements, complies with standards and conventions, regulation, security, non-functional needs, understanding as-is and to-be, solving problems and developing decisions where trade-offs are required.
What you will doCreate Solutions
- Design solutions in a technology environment
- Develops solution views such as current and target state, business, application, information and technology view
- Negotiates and navigate with stakeholders on the flexible facets of the solution
- Leads and facilitates selections and architecture decisions
- Can be consulted by others to get an understanding of the solution
- Embraces re-use, principles and patterns
Support the delivery lifecycle
- Provide architecture support in preparation of projects
- Work to several SDLC methods, waterfall, incremental, agile
- Ensures that operational requirements, based on the engineering of systems considerations (usability, reliability, availability, adaptability, manageability, maintainability, performance and security), are met to the extent required by the current and projected business need
- Fine tunes models and designs to account for technical realities that are revealed during implementation
- Supports transition to service
- Influence stakeholders
- Take leadership in collaborative problem solving
Who you are
- Track record in delivering complex, enterprise solutions
- Capable of making and guiding effective decisions, explaining clearly how the decision has been reached.
- The ability to understand and technical disputes across varying levels of complexity and risk.
- The ability to work with business and technology stakeholders to translate business problems into technical designs.
- The ability to look beyond the immediate technical problem and identify the wider implications.
- Understands technical governance and is able to participate in or deliver the assurance of a service.
- Proficiency in both on-premise and cloud native technologies and solutions
- Proficient with enterprise integration patterns and micro service architectures
- Familiar with technologies such as API Management, Service Bus, Big Data technologies such as Hadoop and Cloudera, Cosmos DB, SQL Server, Oracle, Power BI, Qlik
- Experienced with implementations leveraging CI/CD, DevOps, Blue/Green A/B, Infrastructure as Code
- Experience with methods and standards such as TOGAF, BPMN
- Experience with recent IT topics such as Automation, Machine Learning, Digital
What you will like about working hereAs a Canada Life colleague, you will receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You will also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development.
Our focus is to have an engaged, committed and motivated work force, operating in a high performing and collaborative culture. We want to create an organisation that offers opportunities for all our people to develop their skills and talent, and build rewarding careers with us.
Diversity and inclusionCanada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90725202