As the UK's most innovative fintech, we're taking a mobile-first approach and redefining what a bank should be. Using technology, we're making things easier, transparent and better value for people and businesses.
Based in Durham, we're committed to bringing world-class career opportunities and developing a strong tech culture in the North East. Our team currently has 400 brilliant people and is still growing; could you be the next innovator to join us?
We're looking for mindful, empathetic and self-aware people to join our teams in Durham and London and help us innovate and disrupt the market with our cutting-edge, digital banking solution.Here's some of the tech we use:
Our tech journey
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
We're investing millions in building the best banking machine in the world on Google's Cloud Platform. What else should you know...Platform:
We've taken the very best cloud native technologies and partnered them with contemporary data architecture to create a platform that we believe is the envy of the world. Agile principles:
Our move to GCP means we can fully embrace agile principles with autonomous teams, rapid release cycles and automated testing.Innovation:
Named by KPMG as one of the top ten Global FinTech innovators for four consecutive years, and with multiple projects funded by the UK science budget to bring great analytics and tech to banking, you can expect to be working on cutting-edge projects utilising machine learning and artificial intelligence to transform the way people and businesses do banking.Want to join us?
As part of our technology we are developing a series of fast paced change teams to deliver different types of projects to support our business growth.
We are looking to add a Senior Middleware Developer to our growing process automation team, where you will work alongside the business teams, project managers, business analysts and testers to deliver short term fixes and process improvements to the operational business areas of Atom.
Working with Mule, Python, Java, Kafka and workflow tools, you will have an opportunity to make a tangible difference to our business.
This role will involve a flexible mix of remote & office based working, at our Durham HQ.
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
As part of our journey in building and running a bank we'll encounter many risks along the way. In order to make sure the road doesn't become too bumpy we expect everyone to make a conscious effort to proactively tackle and highlight any risks that we might face.What will your 'typical' day look like.... (there's no two days the same in Atom):
What do we need from you?
- You will be involved in the technical leadership of the Middleware Development Team including administration of development activities for the team
- Oversee daily stand-ups with the Middleware Development team and escalate any blockers to the Lead Middleware Engineer
- Responsible for providing technical steer for design and to ensure associated artefacts are documented to agreed standards
- You will be responsible for developing various process solutions across business processes and systems using appropriate SW languages/tools
- Design and develop data models/structures and API contracts, data transforms, algorithms using appropriate SW languages/tools
- You will be responsible for maintaining all associated design and document artefacts
- Ensure developed components have the appropriate level of quality and governance (version control, documentation, unit testing)
- You will be responsible for resolving QA defects by working closely with the business and testing teams
- You will work with the business sponsor of the process changes to iteratively improve the solution and hone the data outputs
- Work closely with third parties to facilitate Middleware and smoke testing
- You will play an active role in the Automation support rota and ensure appropriate handling and resolution of any live defects
- Support the Head of Engineering with Release preparation and management for Automation change
- At the discretion of the Head of Engineering, Technical Senior Management, or Exco, execute any other reasonable ask or task in line with technical delivery for Atom
What would we ideally like from you?
- Demonstrable experience leading a development team/project
- Good working knowledge of Middleware processes
- Strong knowledge of APIs and API structures
- Knowledge of producing accurate documentation and design artefacts
- Experience of providing significant contribution to technical standards and design decisions
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Effective time management, resilience and drive
What you'll get from us:
- A degree in computer science or a related field
- Experience in Kafka/Mulesoft
- Exposure to Agile project methodology
- Work experience in a technical environmen
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Share Option - performance related
- Incredibly generous Company pension scheme (13% Atom contribution)
- 'All About Me' fund - £200 per year to spend on learning a new skill (but it can't be anything to do with your job). Recently people have done upholstery courses, had driving lessons and a rowing membership
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days - rising by half a day with every year in the company
- Private Medical Insurance for you and immediate family
- Health Cash Plan - expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance - 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover - 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development - professional qualifications
- Flexible working in a creative environment
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role as Atom is unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship
Atom is an equal opportunities employer.We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90724679